UK Smart Plug with Power Monitoring

Hi, I am looking for a Zigbee smart plug to use on a Tumble dryer which includes power monitoring - does anyone know of any or where to buy them in the UK?

Requirements:

• UK Power Plug
  • Power monitoring
  • Zigbee

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the pointer, I am probably being overly cautious, but on the Amazon page, and the Samsung page for that device not seeing the Zigbee logo or name anywhere... do you use these yourself?

I have these myself (visiting the page says I have bought these, so i'm sure its the exact same), it is zigbee and i use it for my washing machine amongst other things. That is a really good price i may buy some more.

1 Like

Thank you. I've ordered one now :slight_smile:

I bought 4.

@damianm can you confirm HE is receiving power monitoring data without trouble? I'm asking only because the SmartThings Smart Plug 2019 is not in the HE compatibility list - I just checked.

Yes, I can. I did not check the list as I brought most of them over from my SmartThings hub so just tried them. All my Zigbee power monitoring plugs are SmartThings 2019 and use the generic Zigbee outlet driver. At first, I used a user driver specifically for them which was iffy but have had no problems since switching to the generic driver.
I have many rules that use them.

1 Like

Thanks. Just put 2 on order.

Just checked the list and found this,

The model number of my 2019s are ZB-ONOFFPlug-D0005 so It appears to actually be compatible and not a device that works but is not supported.
Update
Just checked the new arrivals as they had a different model number on the case. HE identifies them as the same model and on inspecting my older ones they have identical numbers on the case.

I was looking for a uk plug with power monitoring and found this thread. How have the smartthings zigbee plugs been performing?

Iā€™d like to use them to trigger notifications when the washing machine and tumble drier have finished. Also to know when the tv is on or off and adjust some motion lighting accordingly.

Is there anyway we can record the power monitoring with Hubitat so we can review the data? I'd like to record just how much energy the washing machine and tumble dryer as using.

I have a number of the SmartThings plugs (now connected to HASS not HE) and find them to be very reliable.
Unfortunately they are currently almost double the cost they were when I purchased them back in 2021.

That's good to know, thanks. What is HASS and why did you choose not to connect directly to HE?

Also, are they rated for use with tuble drier/washing machines? Are you using the power monitoring to trigger your automations?

I did originally connect these devices to HE with no issues.

HASS = HA - HomeAssistant.

I have moved almost all of my home automation to HA for 2 reasons:

1. much easier integrations with some of my household tech; Solar/Inverter and gas&elec meters.
  2. much better capturing of statistics to enable the reporting and stats analysis I want to do.
2 Likes