UK Smart Locks for UPVC doors

Check the yale costs for a Z-wave module and for adding new electronic keys, hence the reason I went Danlock, Keypad and ZigBee

1 Like

Really interested in the multi point locks.

I don't mind having Zwave or Zigbee both have strong meshed networks in the house.

I understand these locks own't actually turn the handle - but can they detect/alert that the handle, ie full multipoint has NOT been engaged.

ie

With this door lock can you.

1. Lock the door to stop someone getting in - without any human direct interaction?
  2. At night when starting a Goodnight routine can I detect that the door has not been fully locked and therefore make an alert ?

Thanks and Happy New Year!

I bought the Ultion Smart (Danalock) zigbee a month ago - its been faultless so far and simple to fit, it cant sense that the multipoint has been engaged but it has a torque limiter so it does not shred itself trying to lock a unset multipoint. I now automatically lift the door handle when I come in so I can trigger the lock when required.

I can lock it/unlock from Hubitat via the dashboard, via a zigbee button (Sonoff) or the Bluetooth keypad that I think is a must have - I find the geolocation in the app a bit flaky so dont use the auto unlock feature but I do like not having to carry my keys everywhere with me, pricey but worth it I feel.

OK thanks

I have no experience with tases.

On a normal, manual multipoint UPVC door lock, you have to push the handle up to engage all the multipoint locks before you can lock with a key.

It appears with the Ultion lock it can lock and unlock the main lock independently the multi points?

So if you go out forget to lock the door, you could get HE to detect you have left home (wifi), without locking the door and remind you to approve a remote door lock?

You could then remote lock it.

Equally you could have HE detect the unlocked door at 'Goodnight' and perform the door lock automatically.

Couple of things.

1. The main lock is locked but not as well as the multipoint
  2. You can lock the door and manually apply the multi point locks one the way off to bed
  3. If the door is locked on the main lock can someone outside the house manually engage and disengage the multi point locks
  4. If there were a fire - is the a way to get the door unlocked quickly

Sorry a lot of questions there - thank you for taking the time to respond - much appreciated

Mine is a standard multipoint - if I dont lift the handle it wont lock (it will try but the lock cant physically turn ), Ultion can only detect when excess torque is sensed (ie the handle is not lifted) and stops trying to lock showing state of lock unknown on dashboard- to achieve the functionality you want you need a multipoint mechanism called a slam lock.

1. The main lock is locked but not as well as the multipoint - My door mechanism does not allow the lock to turn unless the multipoints are engadged.

2. You can lock the door and manually apply the multi point locks one the way off to bed - see No1

3. If the door is locked on the main lock can someone outside the house manually engage and disengage the multi point locks - see No1

4. If there were a fire - is the a way to get the door unlocked quickly - yes the internal side of the lock is just like having a key in the door and can be turned manually quicker then inserting a key and turning it.

I've been looking at these are they easy for a amateur DIYER? I'm waiting till they integrate Google home tho

3 screws that's it - incredibly simple.

Nice thanks, I'll pick one up at some point

I asked them about it a month or so ago and the current version is HA 1.2 but they will be bringing out the 3.0 version at some point in the future. :slight_smile:

Since it’s Zigbee, any reason this wouldn’t work for a multipoint lock (life the handle type) in the US?

It is supplied with a eurocylinder lock attached to the mechanism so as long as that fits in your lock frame it would work, I think Danalock do a USA specific unit tho.

I got a Ultion and it wasn't as easy to fit as expected, however the support team were brilliant and assisted with what I needed, the main issue was removing my existing handle which had corroded onto the spindle. Then I had to file a section of my existing door to make the hole a little larger.

However, I am finding that my lock keeps falling off Hubitat which means I am unable to lock and unlock via a dashboard. Re-discovering brings it back temporarily - as anyone else experienced this?

Mine did occasionally but seems to have been solid since the latest Danalock software update.

Which firmware are you on? I'm on 0.17.5

Same here - I did change the default Zigbee channel on my Hubitat hub as soon as I got it as it was a little close to my Hue hub for my liking.