UK power monitor plugs

My Greenwave did, pretty well too. That said, I've now sold them all apart from a power strip.

I've gone the Aurora double socket route for 3 plugs. These work very well, although a little slow on power updates, but they do report it at least.

Do these work direct with Hubitat?
May have to give one of these a go...

Any other aurora are a bit pricey, I've give up on HE fixing z-wave so looking to move to zigbee

I have Zwave working ok in 2.2.2 and have rolled back twice now!

The ST plugs report ok.

The Aurora 4 button controllers work brilliantly

Do you have a link to those Aurora ones? May be one to try out

I think @Royski found the cheapest link - brilliant service from them too

Salus SP600 are cheaper.

2 Likes

I have 3 of these (Salus SP600) using a custom driver with presence so you can get a report if it drops off the network.
Gives quick response to power level changes which I use to turn on bathroom and en suite fans. Working extremely well.

1 Like

@philpugh tuya power monitoring plugs with tasmota work pretty well.

Here you go Sir.

Not that cheap, but a great service from Edwards, and the sockets are pretty darn good. :+1:

And they repeat :wink:

1 Like

Are they zigbbe, ebay and amazon don't specify?
Is the driver on here?

Zigbee. Got mine off Ebay.
Yes I'll look for it.
Round about post 35 from this thread.

It incorporates the presence feature that markus developed for the Xiaomi/Aqara stuff.

Saw them on amazon so got two @ £23 each

1 Like

Mine is ok, its fast enough, but now and again the communications between the stick and hub stops working, only fix is a power down and disconnect.

Even worse if I have a dashboard open on my phone in the background

arrived today, power showed on the device details but didn't report with the generic zigbee driver.
Swapped over to the you suggested and up and running

I ordered 1x smartthings 2019 and 1x salus SP600.
I am finding that things don't report as well as the greennodes did in ST.
Essentially what I am trying to achieve is..

If power goes above 1 set a variable to true
If power is 0 then set variable to false

when the two variables i have are true house is set to night as means both phones are on charge on bedside tables
when both set to 0 it them changes to home

i'm finding the power doesnt update as quick as i would like. The ST plug is using a generic driver at the minute

To update on this,
The ST plug needed to have its reporting threshold changed to 0.5w and the Salus I'm using a different driver found on the thread for the device. I'll add it here if anyone needs it

Random question but anyone know where I can get the salus sp600s from now... Amazon no longer have them and they seem to be £40 anywhere else

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.