UK Greenwave Smart Plug

Only just got around to trying these out again as been moving more stuff over but left these on the back burner.

I am able to reset the devices - hold down power while plugging in until green ring light comes on?

Now I'm struggling to pair them - is the process simply to press the button on the bottom?

According to their doc, this is the reset procedure.

5.2 FACTORY RESET
User can press power button for few seconds at booting time. There is more information in detail about procedure in user manual document. This operation will reset node Id in association groups and the setting about protection command class.

Yet, the diagram of the plug, points to the reset being the bottom button.

I found the following which suggests...

1. Press and hold the power button while plugging the PowerNode into an electrical outlet.
  2. Keep the power button pressed for five seconds until all bars turn green for five seconds, indicating that
    the factory reset process has completed. Your PowerNode is now free of its former association, and you
    can perform an inclusion process to include it in your GreenWave Reality energy management system
    (refer to the “Network Inclusion Process” section above).
    If all bars did not turn green for five seconds, then the PowerNode was not previously included.
1 Like

Not seen that doc, thanks.

Out of interest, what is the wheel set to when attempting this?
I know it can be locked by that, maybe thats an issue?
And ST is off now, and the plug removed from there?

I don't recall doing anything out of the ordinary to pair mine, apart from button pushing etc.

I had it set to 6, moved it to 7 and it now showed as a Device. Changed to Generic Z-Wave Switch and 1 is now working.

So getting closer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now it is flashing red/green which I believe is leak detection... had to clear this a few times in ST. Not sure about how on HE

1 Like

Thats actually a good thing. If you Refresh the device, it should stop for a bit, but it will do it again (sadly).

I have a Rule as a workaround, to perform a refresh of all my Greenwaves every two mins, this stops the light flashing :slight_smile:

1 Like

I'll have on those very soon too...

1 Like

There is this tool, but as yet I've not been able to work it out. This could update the Leak Detection and stop it from happening.

Have you ever seen these just stop working?
I had one that was set for a fan in the summer so hasn't been used for a few months but now it doesn't work.

Not here mate. Have you tried a Z-wave repair and see if the device is picked up during the process?

I just deleted and re-added in the end :slight_smile:

All working now...

1 Like

Anyone ever get power reporting working?

Not reliably, I've since purchased a Salus SP600 and a Samsung 2019 plug. Prefer the Salus device

@philpugh - thanks for the reply! When you say not reliably .. what device driver did you get energy readings from ? The generic z wave driver doesn’t seem to provide energy readings at all for me

I actually don't remember exactly as it was a while ago, I may not have got any reading at all. Which is a shame as they worked well with ST.
I've just ordered another 2 salus plugs to replace the last 2 greenwaves I have on ST...
I'll use the greenwaves as simple on/off switches, but only ones that can be hidden due to the flashing leds

This is one I modified from ST, from memory (apart from the flashing light) it worked for me.
I no longer have the single plugs.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Roysteroonie/Hubitat/master/GreenWave%20PowerNode%20(Single)%20Advanced.groovy

2 Likes

That’s works ! Awesome thanks !

1 Like

@Royski Thank you for that got my Greenwaves working - just need to figure out, how, in Hubitat do I send a param 1=255 to each Greenwave to force the 'I'm lost' green flashing for 255 minutes and then force a poll every 3 hours or so

1 Like

You can change to the Z-wave tool driver and do it that way. Or another workaround is refresh every 120 seconds :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: