uDriver?

@mike.maxwell do you have a uDTH replacement in development yet? I’ve still got a few sensors I swap states on, with it.

ie: toilet contact is open, but toilet is actually closed.

I haven’t, but I can look at it, should’t be any big deal, it also should work as is, though I haven’t tried it yet!

1 Like

I imported it this morning, but haven’t had any chance to play with it yet. I will include it in the hub drivers, but probably not for a few days…

1 Like

Hi Mike,

This is my very first post. I am almost over the fence on dumping ST and migrating to Hubitat. I've been lurking the community for a couple of days and researching whether all my devices and automations will be compatible with Hubitat. So far so good!(theoretically) However, a lot of my current ST automations are dependent on the uDTH that you originally developed for ST. Mainly my flood lights. I am using several Enerwave Z-RSM2-Plus dual relays and monoprice dual relays that I have installed behind my flood lights. I cut the load side of the flood light's motion detector and connected it to the AUX1 input of the dual relay, capped of LOAD1 as it is not being used, and then connected the bulb sockets to the LOAD2 relay. Hence, when motion comes on, relay 1 turns on indicating motion. I leave the motion detectors in test mode so they will work during daylight. I use Smart Lighting in ST to turn the LOAD2 of the relay on between sunset and sunrise when motion is detected (relay 1 turns on) This allows me to get motion notifications during the day without the bulbs turning on unless it's night. It works really well and was my work around for not being able to find any decent outdoor z-wave motion detectors (at the time). However, to use "Turn off motion after X minutes" in SmartLighting required the dual relays to report a motion capability, which they don't. This is where your uDTH became my life saver. (Thank you again for that contribution to ST as it became vital to a lot of other wacky things I was doing!)

Too late to make a long story short, but did you ever get this working in Hubitat or is there a way to accomplish this in Rules Machine without a uDriver? This is pretty much my last deciding factor on whether I click that purchase button and begin my migration journey to a better automated world. I am so tired of constantly being rained on by the ST cloud!

Thanks in advance,

Bryan (looking forward to clear skies again) D.

That's it? all I need to do is publish a Hubitat version of this and you'll buy 1K hubs for your condominium development?

I don't think you'll need that driver to do what you want in RM

2 Likes

Thanks for the instant reply (on a holiday, too!) Score 1 for Hubitat already!

Well, I will buy one hub and urge other ST users to escape the cloud as well! (but whenever I get around to building those 1000 Smart Condos I'll let you know first and see if we can negotiate a bulk purchase deal, lol) Actually, I must confess! I said what the heck and clicked that purchase button about 30 minutes before I wrote that initial post. Hopefully, things will migrate smoothly and I will be able to come up with something for what I am using the uDTH for. I have modified versions of it that I use for Alexa as well. For example when my SHM alarm goes off I have it trigger sirens, lights, as well as turn on a modified uDTH called "ZZ Alarm" (Had to remove some capabilities in the code so Alexa would discover the the uDTH device as a motion detector and not as a switch or a lock). By Alexa discovering it as a motion, this allows me to create am Alexa routine that announces a custom message on all my echos. (Warning!!! The police have been called. Video is being recorded and uploading to the cloud! Now get the fawk out of my house you piece of sheet!) Yeah I don't have kids! After the announcement is made all the echos then play "Bad Boys" (Cops theme song) at volume 10. Anyways, I do a lot of silly stuff and they all depend on the uDTH as work arounds. Hopefully, when I get my hub I will easily find a way to recreate some of this nonsense!

I'm guessing there is not a way to sign in and start creating virtual devices to play around virtually while I am waiting on my hub to ship? I tried on the portal but the first step was to register my hub and without one being discovered on my LAN I guess I cant get a head start in the learning curve.

Thanks again and I am excited to get started!

:smiley: No, you perform admin functions ON THE HUB, that is 100% local. The Portal is how you register the Hub. After that, the link on the portal redirects you to the Local connection. You might not ever visit the portal again. :slight_smile:

What you can do in advance is prepare DHCP for when your hub arrives. You'll need to finalize that when the hub arrives with it's MAC address, but at least familiarize yourself with how, so that you can get right to work when the hub arrives.

Have you browsed all the Video Library? Tutorials – HUBITAT

SmartThings has almost no conditional logic other than community created created Apps including WebCoRE which runs OK in SmartThings cloud but can be a giant problem here on Hubitat. I really suggest you study tutorials on Rule Machine (which was born on SmartThings, then left, opening the way for Core and then when that got too huge: WebCoRE. )

You'll also find this community is very active and you get answers, even on holidays. :smiley: Ask and you'll get plenty of opinions and advice.

1 Like

UPDATE: Hubitat’s Alexa Skill does now support motion and contact sensors.

Just an FYI - The Hubitat Skill for the Amazon Alexa does not currently support Contact Sensors and Motion Sensors as triggers for Alexa Rotuines. The community has asked the Hubitat Team to add this functionality for the exact reason you mentioned above.

Here is the latest word that I am aware of on this specific subject. Read down from the post linked below to see @patrick's response. Hopefully this will make the 'active list' eventually. Until then, if you have a Google Home device, you can use the Chromecast Integration for TTS from Hubitat.

https://community.hubitat.com/t/amazon-adding-contact-and-motion-capability-s-to-echo/3551/23?u=ogiewon

@csteele Thanks. Ive been slowly watching the videos. Looking back, that was a dumb question now that I think about it. I am still thinking inside the cloud! (How could I experiment with virtual devices without a hub when everything including virtual devices runs locally, duh! Have to get used to thinking outside the cloud now and escape ST's brain washing)

I'll go ahead and make my DHCP reservation in my router now with a made up MAC and change it when I get my hub.

I never used Core or WebCoRE. I did things the hard way by creating a bunch of virtual devices to represent conditions, then used Boolean logic and Karnaugh mapping to simplify conditional formulas. (Goes back to my digital electronics days when I was always in a binary state of mind)

Thanks for the advice, I am just excited to get started!

Thank you @ogiewon! Good to know. The TTS to Alexa is more a funny novelty than a necessity. I do have some Google devices so I will give it a whirl. I have seen some posts on the "OtherHub" app but I haven't delved to reading up on that yet. If that is what I think it is, I'm guessing I could always keep my ST account and user OtherHub to sync Hubitat devices to virtual devices in ST, and use the ST Alexa skill to make the custom announcements based on the ST virtual devices. Im not sure of what OtherHub is actually used for yet, so I may be speaking to early. I need to slow down, I don't have my hub yet.

You're understanding of "Other Hub" is correct. Hubitat Devices can be mirrored back to SmartThings as virtual devices.

I was just reading through the thread you linked. Seems IFTTT might be a better solution if I want to go the Alexa route, which I'd prefer since I have two Echos, two Echo Dots, and an Echo Show and only one Google Home device and 1 Chromecast. Either way, those are all going to be bottom of the migration list as they are novelties and not necessities.

Hi
This is very useful for using IFTTT location, setting a switch which can be interpreted as presence.
@mike.maxwell has it been published yet?

I have searched for uDTH and only get this thread without a link to the code

I made one for Hubitat based off Mike's ST uDTH idea.