Two LIFX bulbs hogging resources for no reason?

My other LIFX bulbs are normal.

What is going on?

Keep in mind that those bulbs aren't hogging resources. The Hubitat devices corresponding to those bulbs are. Hence, my questions:

1. Are those bulbs ever left in an unpowered state?
  2. Any change in IP for those bulbs? Do they have reserved/static IP addresses?
1 Like

Would be good to know which community driver you're using for LIFX - is it @rob's local control app/drivers?

And what type of bulb - color, white, strip/multizone?

1 Like

It would also be nice to know the % of total resources vice busy. That is a truer measure of total utilization. Although, it does look like they are being hogs.

1 Like

I agree. If you look at one of mine, it looks like Hub Information device is a hog w/ 24.5% of time busy until you look at total of all devices and I am only at 0.2% for everything.

Thank you for the prompt responses!

It looks like they are taking a small percentage of the total but still out of line. My hub seems to be slowing down, especially with zone motion triggered lights.

They are always powered and have fixed IP addresses.

I am using the local driver.

These are LIFX Plus color A19 bulbs.

I suspect that the reason for this is polling - LIFX Color just does a call to LIGHT.GET_STATE, whereas LIFX Plus does that plus LIGHT.GET_INFRARED (and for some reason DEVICE.GET_POWER, which is probably just left over from earlier code since it shouldn't really be required). I'm guessing that they're probably using about 3x the time of other bulbs.