Tuya Zigbee TRV

What is your TRV Manufacturer code?

They're _TZE200_cwnjrr72

Sorry, my TRV is different ( BRT-100, "_TZE200_b6wax7g0" ) and the calibration/offset temperature setting seems to be coded differently.... I will check and if I find any info for your model will share it with you.

1 Like

Can you log/capture the messages sent to the hub if you do the calibration on the trv it's self

2 Likes

The below is what I got back whilst adjusting the temperature correction down by 1 degree, 3 times. On the TRV it displays the corrected temperature (i.e 22) rather than the correction you're applying. But when you send the correction command over zigbee it seems to want the correction instead i.e. (-1). The instructions suggest that the range is -9 to +9

Office TRV Temp correction reporting DEV STILL, 23.6, data [04, D1, 2C, 02, 00, 04, FF, FF, FF, EC]
Office TRV Temp 21, data [04, D0, 03, 02, 00, 04, 00, 00, 00, D2]
Office TRV Temp correction reporting DEV STILL, 24.6, data [04, CF, 2C, 02, 00, 04, FF, FF, FF, F6]
Office TRV Temp 22, data [04, CE, 03, 02, 00, 04, 00, 00, 00, DC]
Office TRV Temp 23, data [04, CD, 03, 02, 00, 04, 00, 00, 00, E6]
Office TRV Temp correction reporting DEV STILL, 0, data [04, CC, 2C, 02, 00, 04, 00, 00, 00, 00]
Office TRV Temp 23, data [04, CB, 03, 02, 00, 04, 00, 00, 00, E6]

Looking at the logs I can see now that the last hex digit returned is the correction * 10. I can't see why this is being logged as 23.6, 24.6 and 0 though when it should be -2, -1 and 0.

I think I've got this sorted now, at least for my model of TRV.

@mark.cockcroft - I've submitted a PR for the change if you'd like to include it in your version.

Gents, I'm looking at replacement options for Danfoss LC-13. what's the view on these things? Worth looking at? Cheers. P

There are many different TRVs that carry the Tuya logo and these have small differences in the construction and in the firmware,

Personally, am not 100% happy with the model that I have (MOES TRV BRT-100 from the link above). Installing the batteries inside the device is a real pain, whatever is shown on the display (only when you touch the screebn at the designated points) is almost impossible to read on bright light. And the procedure manual setting of the temperature setpoint from the device display is not user-friendly, it is too easy to mistakenly switch the device into 'Holiday' or 'Scheduled' mode, instead of simply increasing or decreasing the temperature by 1 degree. I am in doubt if not-so-much-technical members of the household can change the temperature locally when they need to do it. This touch screen is not convinient to operate, and the display is not so bright and contrast, as shown on the adrvertizement pictures. Not even close to that..

This type of TRVs provide only 0%, 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% opening of the valve. Although I haven't read any complains about this big 25% step by others, this does not work for my setup (I use a bit of probably not very popular Siemens valves). With my setup 50% open valve is practucally fully open.

Unfortunately, I haven't found the perfect model yet. I personally use Eurotronic Z-wave Spirit TRVs, but they have their own specific and serious problems, so I can not recommend these also.\

I have two of these and they seem to work ok

US $15.91 30%OFF | AVATTO Zigbee Smart Radiator Thermostat Valve,Tuya Thermostatic Radiator Valve Actuator Controller Work for Alexa, Google Home

1 Like

I'm not completely decided yet. I've seen a few instances where my radiators have stayed fairly warm but the valve was supposedly set to 0% quite a while ago. This is mainly on the same two radiators so could be an issue with the actual valve rather than the TRV.

For my type of valves, I used to put my ear on the aluminum radiator surface to make sure I don't hear any noises of water flowing when the valve is supposed to be 100% closed.

I also had to put a plastic washer (sized 1 Euro cent) between the eTRV and the valve piston, so that the valve can be fully opened and fully closed.

And probably the most important for me was to regulate the mechanical valve at the other side of the radiator. I had to partially close the other valve, so that when the eTRV is opened 50%, then the hot water heats the radiator by approximately 50% of the maximum possible temperature, if compared to heating 100% when the eTRV valve is fully open. This is important, because otherwise it may happen that 25% opening of the eTRV walve is practically 100% heat dissipation and the TRV is not able to fine adjust the room temperature.

1 Like

Thanks for the tips. I've never touched the other valve so suspect they probably want some fine tuning doing then.

Do you have a link to the TRV's you're using? Im looking to buy a few for my rads but there's loads all under different brands.

Thanks

These were the last set that I ordered - Tuya Smart Zigbee Radiator Actuator Programmable Thermostat Thermostatic Radiator Valve Temperature Controller Support Alexa - Pir Motion Sensor - AliExpress

3 Likes

Ive just received my tuya valve from aliexpress.

For those of you who are more knowledgable than me. do these fit straight on to my TRV or do i need to use one of the included adapters?

Many thanks

Looks like it should just drop and scrw on.. make sure the pin in the trv is fully retracted

Thanks i have it installed but can't for the life of me get it picked up by the hub.

Im correct in thinking ,I hold the house button down press + to menu 5 with the flashing bars and hold the house button?

Is that the correct way to get it picked up?

Thanks

I dont have instructions on me, thought there was a few more steps