Tuya Zigbee Switch on Hubitat

Do we have to flash any firmware with Tuya devices?

If the Tuya device is a Zigbee device, not a wifi device, then no flashing is required. Use out of the box, after pairing.

1 Like

Yeah, zigbee only here.

On multi-gang switches, does HE see them as individual devices or parent/child?

I believe that someone in the community is now looking at that:

3 Likes

Nice, I will buy a switch and give it a try.

nice info I will also buy Zigbee only to work with HH.

How did it go? Looking to buy these as well

It's working flawlessly, I bought a double switch and I'll proceed with confidence to buy some more.

1 Like

Hi I bought also a generic one
What device type did you pic?

I managed to detect it in hubitat but there is only 1 on and off detected? I have a few 2 and 3 gang switches

Change the driver to Generic Zigbee Multi-Endpoint Switch, and click Configure. That will create child devices corresponding to the additional switches in the same unit.

1 Like

Hi Thanks for the reponse @aaiyar

I added it again as Generic Zigbee Multi-Endpoint Switch,

Should a popup appear when pressing "configure"

Nothing happens when i click on it. But the device properties do show that can detect endpoints 01-3

Edit that the Nevermind. I can see now where i can configure the child device.

Thanks again

2 Likes

@mike.maxwell
I have a Tuya power bar, which I control with this driver: Generic Zigbee Multi-Endpoint switch. Control works great - no issues.
However, when power goes out, it doesn't remember the last setting (on/off).
Is there some sort of parameter I can set to make it turn on again?

not that I am aware of.

I had a great deal of trouble with this and was ready to give up. I could not find where you configure the sub-switches. Just like Kojiee, I could not see anywhere to set them up. And would've given up if I hadn't seen Koijee's edit saying he found it. And now I'm going to tell all those like me who can't find it where to find it:

As everyone says, you have to start by selecting the Generic Zigbee Multi-Endpoint Switch driver. Once you have done that YOU MUST

1. SAVE THE CHANGE,
  2. Click CONFIGURE,
  3. GO ALL THE WAY BACK OUT TO THE OF THE DEVICE SETUP PAGE
  4. REFRESH THE MAIN DEVICES PAGE WITH ALL THE DEVICES LISTED.

At that point the device should appear on the DEVICES list page with the child devices. It should look something like this:

okay, here’s a good one. i bought a Jerry martin zigbee switch 2 pack (seems to be brand new to the market https://a.co/d/j5gIPiO ). it’s just a simple zigbee switch, single. yet, it installs as a multi-endpoint with two children by default. if i change it to a generic zigbee switch, the child devices won’t go away. how to i rid myself of these unwanted children?

Switch temporarily to the inbuilt driver called 'device', click on 'Delete all child devices' button and revert back to the driver that is working with this switch. Seems like a very nice find!

Can you also click the 'Get Info' button and copy/paste here the device fingerprint that should appear in the Logs page?

1 Like

What type of bulbs are you using with this switch? Transcendent or LED?
Also, does the manufacturer advertise the switch to be working without any additional capacitors mounted on the side of the bulbs?

it’s actually an older cfl bulb. now that you mentioned this, i realized that an led would likly not flicker randomly when a signal is repeated. ( i’m assuming this is a repeated signal based on watching the logs, th light flickers just momentarily before the log shows a zigbee device log item.

It's most probably a periodic heartbeat or check-in message generated from the Tuya switch itself. The different models have different check-in transmission periods.