Tuya ZigBee smoke detector

Hi,
I’ve bought a Tuya ZigBee smoke detector. I’ve installed 1.2.1 2024/03/27 7:24 AMdriver,
I have a C7 hub & can see the smoke detector in devices. In devices I can Test, detect & clear, all ok.
I’ve then tested the actual detector with test gas & detector activated for at least 15 seconds but the device on the hub does not change.
I’ve deleted & took to less than a metre from the hub & reinstalled, still no good, any ideas!

Thanks Sandy.

Since this is a Tuya device, I'm guessing you're using a community-developed driver?

You'll get better attention by posting this question in the thread for that driver, since the developer will get a new post notification and fellow users are likely following that thread too.

It will be helpful to include specific details about the exact model of your smoke detector -- "Tuya" is a really big tent.

1 Like

Hi Sandy,

You need to provide this specific device Zigbee details - the model and the manufacturer, as shown on the HE device web page - 'Device Details' section.

When you paired the device for the first time, was the Tuya driver selected automatically?

If this device is a smoke detector, you must produce some real smoke - lighting 2-3 matches close to the sensor as an example. These cheap devices have some optical sensors inside, I think they will not react on test gas.