Tuya Zigbee Roller Shade Blind Motor - Hubitat Issues

So....

can I buy this, and use with hubitat? (uk)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002927293175.html?srcSns=sns_Copy&spreadType=socialShare&bizType=ProductDetail&social_params=60157110054&aff_fcid=cf7738c4eda844c1aa00a091b6050131-1651345030966-09921-_vVg0xv&tt=MG&aff_fsk=_vVg0xv&aff_platform=default&sk=_vVg0xv&aff_trace_key=cf7738c4eda844c1aa00a091b6050131-1651345030966-09921-_vVg0xv&shareId=60157110054&businessType=ProductDetail&platform=AE&terminal_id=76f8eca9e26949f096337fcd41cfed1c&afSmartRedirect=y

yes, in fact it is the one I use

1 Like

Awesome. Could you please explain how it works? Can I set percentage? Is it just open/closed?

Etc. Ta

=)

@diegodelprat

I’d take a look at the Zemismart AM43. That works very well with this driver. It doesn’t have a remote but will open, close, set to position and does correctly report its position. Mine came with a little solar panel charger but I don’t use it (it’ll last a few months before needing a charge with the adapter). The key thing is that the limits need to be set up correctly using the buttons on the unit before adding it to Hubitat.

1 Like

That's a bit steep.

Can't find any new ones.

Here's a link to eBay

Hoping the others work well, as they're readily available. If just like some real world info from someone who already has it before purchase.

I think I paid around £55 all in from Ali when I got mine.

Mine is the am43, I had to indicate the upload and download limits, from the device itself, from the buttons, then once that is done, I link it to HE and it works wonderfully and indicates their positions. If you need something else, tell me

1 Like

Confused - the one in my link isn't am43.

The serial number isn't quite identical, but this looks very like a motor I have, and the drivers are fine with:

But, one potentially major issue (covered earlier in the thread) - assuming they haven't changed anything since the one I got, you can't set the end limits via button clicks on the motor itself, or the Hubitat drivers. You have to get a Tuya hub, pair it to that and set the limits, then you can pair it back to your Hubitat and use it with the drivers.

A Tuya hub is pretty cheap (about £20 IIRC), or...going from your profile piccy you're UK based - me too, and I'm not actually using my Tuya hub so could lend it to you by post if you'd have use for it.

1 Like

When I tried that one it didn’t work - I couldn’t set a position so I sent it back to Amazon and got the AM43 from Ali. That may have changed now. I think it’s always impossible to say for sure until you have the item because although they all look the same and have the same part number, there are multiple versions and @kkossev has had to add the specific models into the driver to be recognised and handled correctly.

It's the same one I have, sorry I was wrong, it's not the am43 I don't think I know.

1 Like

@djh_wolf there are a lot of different manufacturers for these devices, all sold under the 'Zemismart' trademark. AM43 is an older model, it may not be currently available. All should work with HE, although there can not be a guarantee on that, because new models appear every month.

@ian3 it shouldn't be like this.
Most of the Zemismart models require the original remote to set up the upper/lower limits, but no one should require Tuya hub to pair initially.

It is very difficult to say which Zemismart models allow setting the upper/lower limits from the Zigbee channel and which not, but if it is possible from Tuya app - should be possible from the HE driver as well.

1 Like

I calibrate it from the next device with a command of the buttons that it has

Cheers guys. I took a punt and ordered one from. Aliexpress.

I hope this works out well - any pointers for install would be ace.

Cheers!

3 Likes

We hope to hear from you soon friend, God bless you

1 Like

Hmmm :thinking:. Thanks for that info, although I'm now wondering whether I'm using the right driver - this is what the device list entry for my blinds looks like:

...AFAICS, no sign of that Calibration dropdown on my screen (or of the text fragment "calibr" when I searched the driver source).

My local driver's "ZemiSmart Zigbee Blind", downloaded via HPM, and its documentation link in HPM points to:

which (again) AFAICS is the same one as we'd been discussing earlier in the thread. Have I missed a step somewhere?

The correct repository in GitHub is this one :

It was changed about 10 months ago.

From HPM app, try repairing the package.
The latest driver version is 3.3.0 , dated 2022-12-30.

1 Like

Ah - ta. Somehow (possibly a consequence of me manually swapping patch versions in and out last year) my local copy had got locked into an old version (3.0.0), and HPM wasn't picking up that updates were available.

A repair didn't fix this, but a full uninstall and reinstall did - now on v3.3.0 and seeing the new calibration settings. Thanks for your help! :+1:

1 Like

Boo. I can't see the current position, but I can set position and fully open and fully close...

@kkossev

Hi @djh_wolf ,
Can you temporarily switch the driver to the inbuilt 'Device' and click on the 'Get Info' button - I need the device detailed inClusters / outClusters data. I can't find a post in HE forum for _TZE200_hsgrhjpf , so seems like it is a relatively new device.

Do you have the motor limits set?

Is this a 220V or 12V motor?

1 Like