Tuya Zigbee Light sensor

See comparison of lux levels between Tuya Light sensor and Aqara FP2 sensor.
FP2 seems to produce twice (or more) lux levels than Tuya light sensor!

Summary

1 Like

FP2 illuminance sensor seems to be a bit less chatty than the Tuya sensor, so you can try increasing the Tuya sensor threshold a little bit more.

These lux levels are relative to where the sensor is placed, which direction it is pointed to, etc. etc..

I was thinking of adding a Lux calibration coefficient - by default, it will be 1.00. If you trust the FP2 readings, then the correction coefficient for the Tuya sensor would be 340 / 200 = 1.70 (comparing the first peak readings of the two sensors around 18:08). I will implement the calibration coefficient in the next version.

They have been removed by HE during the periodic cleanup job.
For the tests, you can increase the maximum event history size :

I will also look at the errors in the logs and the strange decimal presentation of the threshold.

1 Like

@kkossev, I have just received the Aqara T1 light sensor ($17.60 from Aliexpress).
Using your P1 driver with T1 light sensor - seems to be really light on CPU usage :smile:
I will probably move the Tuya light sensor on my C7 Hub.
See a short comparison of the three sensors below.

Illuminance graph

Events logs

Device stats logs

1 Like

The Tuya light sensor is too much chatty … :frowning: Unfortunately, like many other Tuya devices it is not possible to configure the reporting periods and the threshold.

Aqara T1 light sensor is much better, it features truly configurable reporting parameters. The configuration is made on a device level, not simply ignoring the reports from the driver.

1 Like

@kkossev which is the right driver for the Aqara T1 light sensor?

Thanks

This one (the dev.branch version 1.4.2 ) :

I promise to update the documentation... as soon as I finish with the TRV drivers! :slight_smile:

Update: sorry, I have forgot - you can try also this driver :
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kkossev/Hubitat/development/Drivers/Tuya%20Zigbee%20Light%20Sensor/Tuya%20Zigbee%20Light%20Sensor.groovy

Thanks for the recommended driver. I assume the second driver (link) also seems to work with a Tuya light sensor. Surfing in the internet I found different light sensors from Tuya. Can you please provide which Tuya should work with the driver? Today I found an older post where you were discussing the Tuya light sensor seems to be very chatty. Is this still the case or can you recommend Tuya as well?

Thanks

In my opinion, the Aqara light sensors are much better than Tuya's. The comment that they are chatty should be an old one and is not valid anymore, as the illuminance reporting intervals and the threshold are fully configurable now.

I have only the old model (Xiaomi). If I remember well, @BrunoVoeten may have the new one and can probably comment on the performance.

The sensor works flawlessly. Never fallen off the network (C5). I use it to control additional lighting when it gets dark, in my case the trigger is less than 35 lm. The only strange thing is that the value can change per 1 lm, but once less than 12 lm it goes straight to 0 lm, but this is not a problem for the automation I use + the driver that @kkossev wrote is fantastic, great job

2 Likes

Which driver to you use fir the T1?

Just received the device today and paired it to my Hubitat hub using version 1.4.2 of the Aqara driver. Current status only shows the "health status: online" but nothing more. No current status regarding the

What does it mean to pair the sensor at least two times to the hub? Does that mean to pair - remove and re-pair agin? I'm a bit confused.

Any advise @kkossev or @BrunoVoeten

Thanks

Pair it again without removing it.

Do you mean to start searching for a new Device at the hub again?

Yes. Is your hub C-8 or an older model?

Have an C-7. Will try it our. Never did this before.

1 Like

That brings me to this messages

That’s what is expected.
Are you painting it close to the hub?

Do I have to click the device name or the "Hide previously joined devices" phrase.
Yes the sensor is directly near to the hub

Click on the device name, this will open the device web page.
Aqara devices are known to be difficult to pair to any other systems different than Aqara hubs.. Do you have any other Aqara sensors?

Will try it again. No that's the only one.
Here some logs, maybe it helps to get an idea

Thanks for your help

This screenshot is missing the start of the pairing process, but the device is communicating.

One trick that helps the successful pairing of Aqara sensors is to continue pressing the paired button shortly, once per second for a few seconds after the pairing process starts.