Tuya Zigbee Door contact

Hi,

Recently switched to hubitat after using smartthigs for few years. I have couple of samsung contacs but they are expensive and battery life is not the best. I'm looking to add more contacts to the system and been looking for a cheaper alternative. During my search I found these

Not the prettiest but have 2xAA batteries, so quite compelling as it might have a good battery life.
I've read through multiple topics but can't see any mention of these specific sensors, has anyone got any experience with them?

I've ordered couple for testing and will advise how/if they work.

@kkossev Know anything about these?

Most Tuya Zigbee Door sensors are working out of the box using HE inbuilt 'Generic Zigbee Contact Sensor (no temp)' driver. You may need to manually assign the HE driver to the device and repair again. I have two different models Tuya door sensors, all are rock-solid in the Zigbee network.

There is also a community driver: Tuya zigbee contact sensor - #18 by tomas1 which you can try if the standard driver does not work for any reason.

When you receive your sensors and pair them to HE, please post the model and the manufacturer data for our reference.

3 Likes

Thanks for driver suggestions, I'll test and advise.

I'll make sure to post data when ready

1 Like

Sensors arrived today. I've ended up ordering slightly different model using 2 x AAA batteries rather than AA. Sensor is well made and small enough for my wife to not notice it (definite win here!).

It works with generic zigbee driver and there is almost no delay when activating rules. Device info below

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 45
  • softwareBuild:
  • inClusters: 0001,0003,0500,0000
  • outClusters: 0003,0004,0005,0006,0008,1000,0019,000A
  • model: TS0203
  • manufacturer: _TZ3000_n2egfsli

I've noticed it does not report battery charge status. I'm all new to hubitat and not used generic contact driver before, so was wondering if this is normal. Can someone please advise?

1 Like

Hiding the gadgets from you wife view will become more and more difficult, as their number increases with the time... : )

You may need to wait several hours or one day for the battery percentage status to be sent by the device. This one seems to be using the standard Zigbee clusters, so hopefully, the battery status will appear soon.

4 Likes

Did this ever start reporting battery status?

door contacts never started reporting battery status, I've been away for a while so did not have a chance to report back. @kkossev any ideas how to get it working?

I don't have a dedicated driver for Tuya contact sensors (yet), as the only one that I have seemed to me that it worked out of the box with the HE inbuilt Generic Zigbee Contact Sensor (no temp). I had simply mounted it on the window, without paying much attention to the battery reporting .. Now I see that it reports the battery percentage remaining as 120% (!) once every 16 hours. The real battery percentage remaining should be 60%, many other Tuya devices use to send the percentage multiplied by 2..

I have added to my TODO list to make a dedicated driver for Tuya sensors (there are also models that report illuminance), but can't promise a date.

Meanwhile, you can test whether _TZ3000_n2egfsli will report the temperature with this driver. To make it report contact open/close events, you will need to manually uncomment the code around line #43 :

capability "ContactSensor" // uncomment for _TZE200_pay2byax contact w/ illuminance sensor
Then save the modified driver and assign it manually to the Tuya contact sensor that you have. Please let me know if it works.

1 Like

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256803259911393.html?mp=1&gatewayAdapt=4itemAdapt

I ordered one of these larger contact sensors hoping that the big case would make for easy soldering to add remote contacts. Well. the case is huge and airy inside but the solder points are tiny, so phooey,

The good news is that it paired with HE using rechargeable batteries with the Generic Zigbee Contact Sensor (no temp) driver.

1 Like

I've tried that driver but it did not work, i.e. still no battery status. I've tested NYCE built in contact driver and this one displays battery percentage. It's showing 100 so I'll give it a while to see if it changes.

1 Like