Tuya zigbee contact sensor not reporting

Hi to all!

I have buyed this Tuya Zigbee Contact Sensor from AliExpress: Tuya Zigbee Contact Sensor
I have no problem pairing it with my HE, but it recognizes it as a Generic Zigbee Motion Sensor.

I changed the driver to Generic Zigbee Contact Sensor, but it do not report the contact state (open or closed), just the battery level.

I have removed the sensor and pairing it again lot of times, pressing configure and refresh, and phisically opened and closed the sensor, but nothing works. I’m quite new with Hubitat and I don’t know if I’m missing something. May be the sensor is broken?

Thank you in advance.

I would recommend you give this driver a go and see if it makes a difference:

Thank you very much for your answer.

I have tried all of thise drivers and no one works with my device. It also seems that they are not designed for a contact sensor, but for other devices (switches, dimmers...)

Any other idea of what coud be wrong?

Thanks!

Please try Generic Zigbee Contact sensor again for the Tuya sensor you bought, but after you change the driver and click "Save Device", be sure to click the "Configure" button. This sends the parameters of the new device driver to the device.

If the device still doesn't work, please change the driver to "Device", click "Save Device" and then click the "Get Info" button. This will capture the device Fingerprint. Post it here and include @mike.maxwell in the reply.

2 Likes

There are drivers for Sonoff zigbee 3.0 contact sensors. Have you tried those?

1 Like

One other thing you can try Carlos. This has worked often for me when the device fingerprint is not known. Set the driver type to Generic Zigbee Contact Sensor, and then click the Save Device button. Now, without removing the device from Hubitat, pair the device again. HE will say "Found previously joined device Generic Zigbee Contact Sensor" or whatever custom label you gave it. Now try the device again to see if it works as expected.

3 Likes

First of all, thank you everybody for your answers.

I do, but they didn’t work either.

I have done this and now I can see the contact state, but it seems that the device still don’t report because it do not change. It is always “open”.

I’m new at Hubitat and I’m not sure if this is the fingerprint needed:

fingerprint profileId:"0104", endpointId:"01", inClusters:"0000,0001,0003,0500", outClusters:"0003", model:"RH3001", manufacturer:"TUYATEC-xrvzm3yI"

@mike.maxwell, could you help me with this. Do you need any further information?

1 Like

Have you succeeded?

I have a Tuya zm-cg205 window sensor and can't get it working.

I can only see the battery status. Tried everything listed here.

Thank you for any help.

Best regards,

Gergő

Nope, sorry! I tried almost everything without success. I think that the device may have something wrong.

I finally bought a Sonoff Zigbee Contact Sensor (SNZB-04) and it works like a charm. Very happy with it!

Thank you.

I got one of these and have the same issues, cannot find any driver that will report open or closed.
However, in Device Information, when I set the Type to 'Device', then I receive the following log messages when closing or opening the contact:

Closed: Zigbee parsed:[raw:919E0105000A0200210000, dni:919E, endpoint:01, cluster:0500, size:0A, attrId:0002, encoding:21, command:0A, value:0000, clusterInt:1280, attrInt:2]
Open: Zigbee parsed:[raw:919E0105000A0200210100, dni:919E, endpoint:01, cluster:0500, size:0A, attrId:0002, encoding:21, command:0A, value:0001, clusterInt:1280, attrInt:2]

I hope that this is enough info for someone to write a very basic driver? Hopefully I can do that myself some day but still learning...

Well, there already is a driver and it does work: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/surfingbytes/hubitat/master/drivers/tuya-zigbee-contact-sensor.groovy

Thank you.

Now I have to find the sensors as I tossed them somewhere in the house and bought an Aeotec sensor.

:slight_smile:

@CarlosE have you found a working HE driver for this device?

Update: works fine with HE inbuilt 'Generic Zigbee Contact Sensor (no temp)' driver.
The tampering switch is not reported, and there seems to be no temperature or humidity reporting.

1 Like

This worked for me....Thanks.