Tuya water sensor, odd behaviour

Managed to get this to connect but am getting a weird error message.
The device is in a fixed place, isn't touched and doesn't move unless I touch it - but every so often I get a couple of odd error messages.

Xxx is not present
Xxx forced battery to 0%

After a while it'll suddenly go completely back to normal. I haven't touched it, walked past it or anything.

It functions to detect wet/dry. It reports battery. But every so often it just chucks this error...

Anyone have any ideas?

Rosie

Hi @RosieUK ,

I suppose you are using Tuya NEO Coolcam Zigbee Water Leak Sensor driver. In version 1.0.6 that most probably you are using, the timer for checking whether the device has gone offline was set too low - only 3 hours. If the driver does not receive any battery reports or any other 'heartbeat' data from the device in the last 3 hours period, it will be considered as being offline to HE hub, i.e. potentially not functional. That's why the driver sends an event 'not present'. Probably an hour later the water sensor reports the battery level and the status changes back to 'present'.

I have extended the check period from 3 to 12 hours in the next version of this driver but it is still done only in the developments branch version. I hope will push the update via HPM in the next days. Until then, you can manually update the driver to the dev. version (linked in the second post here), or you can simply ignore the error until the next version is published.

1 Like

Yeah, that looks like what's causing the problem. It dies with those error messages and then an hour later it pops back up as if nothing happened, or it wakes up when I pull and replace the batteries. Will update when you post the new version.

You wouldn't happen to know a way to record energy use by time on x wattage (3151w in this case)? If I can find a simple way to do that on hubitat, that's another thing (Immersion) off Shartlife... I'm going to keep the zigbee lights, WiFi indicators, IR/RF stuff on there but otherwise I want as much on hubitat as I can.

Thanks for the info

Rosie

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.