Tuya vibration sensor

Thanks for starting this thread. Outside of the samsung, which is no longer made, this is the only vibration sensor I could find. It seems to be stable, regularly reporting, holding a steady DNI.
There is just 1 unparsed piece of info, that Mike could easily fix with the driver

Summary

dev:2342021-07-13 03:41:51.542 pm info__TuyaVibration Sensor: Motion reset to inactive after 16s

dev:2342021-07-13 03:41:35.543 pm info__TuyaVibration Sensor: Detected motion

dev:2342021-07-13 03:01:13.645 pm info__TuyaVibration Sensor: Motion reset to inactive after 16s

dev:2342021-07-13 03:00:57.643 pm info__TuyaVibration Sensor: Detected motion

dev:2342021-07-13 01:23:14.456 pm warnDescription map not parsed: [raw:7B8401000110210020C82000201E, dni:7B84, endpoint:01, cluster:0001, size:10, attrId:0021, encoding:20, command:0A, value:C8, clusterInt:1, attrInt:33, additionalAttrs:[[value:1E, encoding:20, attrId:0020, consumedBytes:4, attrInt:32]]]

dev:2342021-07-13 11:27:26.215 am info__TuyaVibration Sensor: Motion reset to inactive after 16s

dev:2342021-07-13 11:27:10.198 am info__TuyaVibration Sensor: Detected motion

dev:2342021-07-13 11:23:20.385 am info__TuyaVibration Sensor: Motion reset to inactive after 16s

dev:2342021-07-13 11:23:04.313 am info__TuyaVibration Sensor: Detected motion

dev:2342021-07-13 09:20:32.538 am warnDescription map not parsed: [raw:7B8401000110210020C82000201E, dni:7B84, endpoint:01, cluster:0001, size:10, attrId:0021, encoding:20, command:0A, value:C8, clusterInt:1, attrInt:33, additionalAttrs:[[value:1E, encoding:20, attrId:0020, consumedBytes:4, attrInt:32]]]

dev:2342021-07-13 05:18:14.608 am warnDescription map not parsed: [raw:7B8401000110210020C82000201E, dni:7B84, endpoint:01, cluster:0001, size:10, attrId:0021, encoding:20, command:0A, value:C8, clusterInt:1, attrInt:33, additionalAttrs:[[value:1E, encoding:20, attrId:0020, consumedBytes:4, attrInt:32]]]

dev:2342021-07-13 01:15:42.653 am warnDescription map not parsed: [raw:7B8401000110210020C82000201E, dni:7B84, endpoint:01, cluster:0001, size:10, attrId:0021, encoding:20, command:0A, value:C8, clusterInt:1, attrInt:33, additionalAttrs:[[value:1E, encoding:20, attrId:0020, consumedBytes:4, attrInt:32]]]

2 Likes

There are a couple of different designs that use the Tuya vibration sensor technology.

I got the SOLE sensor that looks like some contact sensors.

https://www.amazon.com/SOLE-HOME-Anti-Theft-Adjustable-Sensitivity/dp/B0949HNV7N/ref=sr_1_6?

However, there are also some that look more like the old Smartthings multisensors. This is one such reference.

Amazon.com : Tuya Zigbee Smart Vibration Sensor, Mobile Phone Remote Alarm, Smart Home Door Window Sensor, Anti-Theft Vibration Sensor, Sensitive Earthquake Sensor, Alexa/Google Assistant : Camera & Photo?

I presume they all share similar Tuya Zigbee 3.0 technology and will work with the same driver.

Once we get a fully functional driver, perhaps the demand will increase to the point that we won't have to wait a month for delivery from China.

@rwclements228 Did you ever find a better driver for this vibration sensor? I ended up buying one sometime before finding this thread in order to work with a laundry monitor app, but I believe that since the app doesn't recognize "motion sensors" as something to listen to, it won't integrate with it.

I am still using the Konke motion sensor driver for the Sole (Tuya) vibration sensor. Since I am using it to detect vibration rather than the lack of vibration, it works just fine, so I have not attempted to explore other options.

I have a washer plus gas dryer, both operating on 110 V. I use ZOOZ ZEN15 power outlets for each device. The Laundry Manager app works great using only the power monitoring readings. However, if you have a 220V electric dryer, the ZEN15 is not an option.

I also have an Aqara vibration sensor that works with the community Xiaomi/Aqara Sensors and Switches Driver. That driver includes acceleration and tilt, so you might pick up one of the Aqara sensors to see if that works. I understand that once triggered by vibration, the device will not report again for 1 minute, so it might not work the way you want.

Yeah, I didn't want to buy more aqara devices because of how they can interfere with people's zigbee meshes and it's not worth the 30 bucks for the zooz since my laundry is just off the kitchen anyway. I was hoping the inexpensive vibration sensor would work, but I guess I'm out of luck for this purpose. I guess I'll find another use for it at some point unless someone can make an actual vibration driver for it. Thanks!

Aqara is starting to make some devices that are Zigbee 3.0 compliant. I have a leak detector that is; it works with the built-in leak sensor driver. The Aqara vibration detector, however, is still one of the one that needs the special driver.

I guess I'll have to keep an eye out for those then if I end up wanting to do the laundry app still. That's definitely great news about Aqara though since I do like the look and the price of their products. Thanks!

any chance of getting this implemented? As I mentioned this is the only zigbee one I could find. Now Zooz has 1 but it's twice the price.

@IllFatedIPA @Rxich Can you try this driver?

I am using the Konke motion sensor driver. It works for my simplistic purposes. I have not tried the modified driver for the Tuya vibration sensor, but I can do so and report back in a few days.

Update: I tried the new community driver for the Tuya vibration sensor. It appears to work. The reporting interval for motion defaults to every 3 seconds.

1 Like

Thank you for the test, @rwclements228
This driver should work with Better Laundry Monitor community app, allowing Tuya Vibration sensor to be used as an acceleration capable device.

Yes, the new driver reports acceleration. That messed up my rule that made an announcement when the jewelry chest is opened. I had to change the rule to be based on acceleration, rather than motion.

Later this week, I am getting a new dishwasher that is built into the kitchen cabinet. It is hardwired using armored cable, so I cannot use a power monitoring outlet like I use with my washer and dryer. I may try to use the Tuya vibration sensor to see if it can tell me when the dishwasher completes its cycle.

Awesome, Thank You. It works great, however even after changing driver and hitting configure several times and waiting overnight, I'm not seeing any battery level other than a coded date in state variables.

Should I try a re-pair with your driver in place?

@rwclements228 please be careful, I saw someone reported buying a tuya device that was reported as "working" however when the device was delivered, tuya had changed firmware and the device no longer worked in HE. I mean not that these are super expensive but who likes to waste money. This is the data section from my working device
Nevermind I see you already have a working device

I am sorry to report that the Tuya Vibration Sensor driver is not working properly with my Sole/Tuya based vibration sensor. It looks like the sensor is working properly in that it reports acceleration and battery life as it should, but I have not been able to get it to trigger activities in a rule. For example, I cannot get it to turn on a light or speak a notification. As soon as I went back to the former Konke motion sensor driver, the rule worked again. I even deleted my rule and recreated it to make sure I had changed it over to a acceleration/vibration trigger, but no luck. I have no idea why it is not working for me.

I can confirm the problem with Rule 5.1., the rule doesn't fire on acceleration changed trigger event ?

I have a SmartThings Multipurpose sensor acceleration working on the other hub, will compare what are the differences later tonight.

EDIT: I located the problem, will publish an update tonight.

1 Like

ver 1.0.4 fixes the problem in the previous version, tested with both RM 5.1 and Basic Rules.

Next will be to add the driver into HPM and then fix the battery reporting (thanks @Rxich)

1 Like

The driver is available for installation from HPM -> 'Browse by tags' : Zigbee, driver name is " Tuya ZigBee Vibration Sensor"

Ver. 1.0.5 - added battery reporting.
Ver. 1.0.6 - Vibration Sensitivity configuration

2 Likes

Thanks kkoossev.

I associated the old Tuya driver with HPM and updated the driver to your new version. The vibration sensor now triggers rules just like is should
Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

1 Like

This is exactly what I was looking for! Sorry for taking so long to actually test it out, since I decided that I didn't actually need to automate my laundry, the sensor has been sitting on my coffee table waiting for me to get around to pairing it back into my hub. Since I just got another button, I figured I was already 90% of the way there.

Now that it's back in, I'll play around with using this again. Thanks @kkossev!

1 Like