Tuya - TS0201 won't pair via Zigbee

Hey guys, a few months ago, I bought a Tuya Temp and humidity sensor and paired it with Hubitat and it worked great.

So I bought 3 more from the same seller on AliExpress and 2 of the 3 that I tried so far will not pair at all.

Since the first one a few months ago, we've had a few hub updates and I can't help but wonder if that is the problem.

if not I'm all ears and could use some help getting these paired

Here's the info from the one that is paired:

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 46
  • inClusters: 0001,0003,0402,0405,0000
  • manufacturer: _TZ3000_xr3htd96
  • model: TS0201
  • outClusters: 0003,0019,000A
  • softwareBuild:

I’ve had issues in the past with Tuya devices. What I did to help resolve was:

1. Shut down the hub, pull the power for a bit, power it back up
  2. Bring the device next to the hub and re-try pairing

Just tried the above, unfortunately it didn't work and I was less than 1 foot from the hub.

I'm holding the reset button on the sensor for 5 seconds, the red light flashes quickly and I start ZigBee pairing sequence in HE but it just times out.

1 Like

That’s unfortunate. Hoping that someone else will have a better idea! It sounds like you are doing the right thing…

I have had good succes with this driver

From @kkossev .

Maybe that will help the discovery during pairing.

2 Likes

Can you keep a log window open during pairing? And post a screenshot of the log?

2 Likes

It looks like they sent you something other than ZigBee.

BK7231N

CBU is a low-power embedded Wi-Fi module that Tuya has developed. It consists of a highly integrated RF chip BK7231N and a few peripherals, and not only supports the AP and STA dual-network-connection manner but supports the Bluetooth LE network connection manner.

bk

2 Likes

You are 100% right, I see now that I accidentidly ordered the Wifi version, gotta be careful on ALiExpress - LOL

Do we know if there's a good way to get these into Hubitat or should I just trash these and re-order the Zigbee version?

2 Likes

:point_up: :point_up:

Unless you want to use them as stand-alone for something else…

2 Likes

You can still try using the Tuya WiFi sensors in Hubitat via [BETA] Tuya Cloud Driver (Limited device support).

2 Likes

The less than honest sellers on AliEx try to attract buyers with fake low prices, typically are not for the item you searched, and will draw you in with a low price via bait and switch.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.