Tuya Smart 6-In-1 Air Detector

I searched and saw a driver for a 5-in-1 Air detector, has onyone tried this "6-in-1"?

Tuya Smart 6-In-1 Air Detector, PM2.5, Formaldehyde, Toxic Gases VOC, CO2, Temperature, Humidity Indoor Outdoor Air Quality Meters Amazon.com

1 Like

That’s the Tuya MS22062704 (aka TS0601). It’s supported by Zigbee2MQTT.

Lots of great reasons to use Z2M in addition to the built-in Zigbee radio in HE. Here’s yet another example.

1 Like

So I assume it does not work with Hubitat directly? I have not been able to find what version of ZigBee it is.

@jimhim It won't be a big effort to show in Hubitat all the different numbers that this thing generates,but I would like to discourage you from buying it. This thing is one of the worst devices ever made for the Tuya ecosystem. It is highly inaccurate and extremely chatty/spammy. There are many negative reviews on the net. It uses a very cheap single sensor inside, and most of the reading 'numbers' are thought up / calculated by the firmware inside using thought-up formulas.

You can read some comments here - it is for the 5-in-1 model, but this '6-in-1' is not any better:

If you are going the HomeAssistant way - the Qingping Air Quality Monitor that @SmartHomePrimer recommends is definitely the best choice. This is a true Air Quality monitoring device; the Tuya is a fake one.

3 Likes

Thanks for all that info - much appreciated! I have no plans to employ Home Assistant at this time. I'll stay away from that cheap Tuya device.

1 Like

Any thoughts on the (Ikea) VINDSTYRKA Air Quality Monitor?

I am happy with its performance.

You can read starting from here :

1 Like

I just bought six of these (VINDSTYRKA)... I love them. However, I hate that I can see VOC measurements now... since they're high and there's not much I can do about it other than open the windows on beautiful days (which today happens to be).

1 Like

Damn your proselytizing... I just bought one of these...

1 Like

Good choice

They’re higher every time I brew coffee. Circumstances permitting, we all should open windows, likely more than we do.

Yeah, I don't really worry about the spikes, but the average is still high (according to the devices).

I've also noticed that my children seem to be major sources of VOCs.

1 Like

New house? My old neighbor was an architect and completely renovated the house down to the studs before they moved in. He had an exhaust fan installed on the side of the first floor that he ran 24/7 for the first year they lived there to minimize VOCs

No, it's about 30 years old... However, there's tons of stuff in the basement for crafts and such (along with relatively new carpet). We did repaint EVERYTHING when we moved in about 3 years ago though. We used low/zero-VOC paint to minimize.

1 Like

I think you're interpreting the results incorrectly. You have the color bands on there for PM25, but the sensor in the ikea unit reports VOCs on a "relative" basis instead of with an absolute measurement.

So basically...your lines are all pretty close to 100 which means the measurement is staying near the baseline.

100-500 = higher than normal
0-100 = less than normal
where "normal" is avg of last 24 hrs

So in a way...your house could very gradually get worse and worse (or better) over time and the sensor would just adjust to the new normal. That also means all your sensors have their own idea of "clean" air = 100 AQI.

1 Like

Thanks! That makes me feel better about it. It does hover around 100 so that makes perfect sense.