Tuya motion sensor driver

Of course, just like a camera's view. What a surprise :roll_eyes: By the way I never said it had a 360 deg view. I just described the cone of the view as per the spec.

Hi
I have recently ordered few more of these motion sensor but they are actually different despite look exactly the same. Whilst the Konke driver works with my previous purchase they don't work on my new addition. Anyone got any idea what I can do to resolve this problem please?

here it is with the new sensor

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 43
  • softwareBuild:
  • driver: v1.0.1.1123
  • inClusters: 0001,0500,0003,0000
  • outClusters: 1000,0006,0019,000A
  • model: TS0202
  • manufacturer: _TZ3000_f4abao1a

There is almost no information on the net for this new TS0202 device modification...

If you switch on the Debug logging for these devices, do you see any ""Description not parsed: ..." warning messages in HE logs page?

hi
this is what I am seeing

what I have noted was that if I changed the driver to something else like the generic motion sensor and change it back to this one then repeat his process couple of time somehow it works. but I have not got it long enough to see what issue it might cause

From what is seen on the screenshot above the sensor is sending reports on cluster 0x0500, that the Konke driver should be processing..

My device is probably the older model:

• model: TS0202
  • manufacturer: _TYZB01_dl7cejts

Works without problems with Konke Zigbee Motion Driver (Version 1.0.2), but...these sensors are cheap for a reason... The cell battery holder is of very low quality! There is a good chance that the battery may not make good contact, if you move it around during the tests... you may need to bend a little the tiny metal parts that make contact to the battery cell, or put something thin between the cell and the plastic cover, to make sure the battery will not pop up accidentally after a slight vibration...

Also, for new sensors - measure the battery voltage / capacity. One of the batteries that came with my two sensors was totally dead, the second battery was almost depleted, although I was able to pair the sensor to the hub. But when the battery capacity is low, strange effects may be observed at the time when the device starts Zigbee transmission and needs power...

So just in case - put new batteries and make sure the battery cell makes a good contact.

thanks for the advice. will give it another try

Anyone found a solution to get the new devices to work?
My manufacturer is: _tz3000_msl6wxk9
And I have the same problem, device connects but doesn't work.
battery @ 3.11v, checked the connectors and tried 2 different sensors.
The konke just doesn't seem to work on these.

Hope you had this sorted out.
I have got couple of this which they all looked the same but manufacturer are different. I don't know why but I got them to work by re-pairing the device a few times. Switching between the generic Zigbee motion driver and the Konke a few times... and then it works....
why ?? I don't know...

I tried that multiple times, but didn't work (yet). You do give me hope tough, they're not in the bin yet so I'll give it another try!

Does your PIR sensor look like this?

no, it are these:

I tried at least 10 times to connect, remove, reconnect and change between Konke and generic zigbee driver but it just doesn't work.
Don't buy them, they don't work any more.

The Sonoff's are cheap too and work reasonably well for the price.

That's the bad thing with all Tuya devices - the manufacturers may change the firmware / the comm. protocol without even letting the resellers know about the change, and they continue selling it as if it was the old product...

I agree Sonoff is much more stable and safer to buy (despite looking a bit uglier...). I am using two Sonoff motion sensors for about a year now without any problems.

@sirkitealot before you put these things back into the junk drawer, can you send me in a PM some logs with Debug option turned on (use any driver that shows some activity )? Remove and re-insert the cell battery at least once during the tests.

I have been using the generic no temp with ones I bought a couple weeks ago. It took a lot of fiddling to get them to work, but they do work, mine says they are _TZ3000_msl6wxk9. I had to start with generic motion, configure, refresh and then switch to generic no temp and all 6 of mine work. Unfortunately, they do get hung on "active" in Hubitat from time to time and require a push of their button but...not sure why that happens. Konke driver would not work at all.

I've just got mine going using Linkind motion sensor, shows active and inactive and takes around 1 1/2 minutes to reset to inactive

Tnx for all your input, I'll report back when I've tried your options!

Yeah, I am not a huge fan of these. I have one that gets stuck on active (twice so far this week) and I need to press the button on it to get it unstuck, after hours of the controlled light being on. Feeling I should have spent more money on a better quality sensor....

Well, now I have to really change my opinion on these. I played around a lot with these after reading recommendations for other objects and found that pairing them, removing the battery for a minute, putting the battery back in and pairing them again (without removing them) helped a lot and was even able to load up the Konke driver, which made a huge difference for how they behave and they don't get stuck on "active" anymore. I hope this helps others out.

1 Like

I use these with the konke Zigbee driver and they work perfectly. Documented elsewhere in the forum. I love these little sensors. Mine reset in 15 seconds which is so cool. I hope Tuya didn’t mess them up.

1 Like