Tuya motion sensor driver

I've just got mine going using Linkind motion sensor, shows active and inactive and takes around 1 1/2 minutes to reset to inactive

Tnx for all your input, I'll report back when I've tried your options!

Yeah, I am not a huge fan of these. I have one that gets stuck on active (twice so far this week) and I need to press the button on it to get it unstuck, after hours of the controlled light being on. Feeling I should have spent more money on a better quality sensor....

Well, now I have to really change my opinion on these. I played around a lot with these after reading recommendations for other objects and found that pairing them, removing the battery for a minute, putting the battery back in and pairing them again (without removing them) helped a lot and was even able to load up the Konke driver, which made a huge difference for how they behave and they don't get stuck on "active" anymore. I hope this helps others out.

1 Like

I use these with the konke Zigbee driver and they work perfectly. Documented elsewhere in the forum. I love these little sensors. Mine reset in 15 seconds which is so cool. I hope Tuya didnā€™t mess them up.

1 Like

Finally found some time to try again, not giving up :wink:

• "I had to start with generic motion, configure, refresh and then switch to generic no temp": tried that, didn't work.
  • "using Linkind motion sensor": tried that, didn't work.
  • "removing the battery for a minute, putting the battery back in and pairing them again (without removing them)": that actually does something, it gives batt status 100%. But still not working.

Please post both the Model and the Manufacturer values from the device Data section. There are many variations of these motion sensors, although they may look the same.

I have also found. that some of these TS0202 motion sensors do not work (can not even pair) if your HE hub zigbee channel is not one of the 'standard' 15-20-25 channels.

You can check which Zigbee channel is used from the Settings->Zigbee Details page.

• model: TS0202
  • manufacturer: _TZ3000_msl6wxk9
  • zigbee channel: 0x14 (20)
    I tried changing it to channel 15 but didn't work either. So I set it back to 20 because all other devices didn't work any more on 15.

Can you try this driver then? The driver is intended to handle the much more complex 4-in-1 motion sensors and is maybe overkill for this simple motion sensor... but maybe not?

Please first change to the linked driver, then REMOVE the device from its web page, then remove the batter for few minutes and pair it again to HE. The driver should be automatically selected. If it still doesn't work, we can handle it in there.

1 Like

Hail to the hero @kkossev he fixed it!
It works with the updated driver! It auto-selected it the first time. Also it sends the "no motion detected" signal so is has full functionality, contrary to what others say.

Topic solved! (at least for me)

1 Like

Hi,
Got another one of this KONKI sensor and this time the with different manufacture

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 46
  • manufacturer: **_TZ3000_mcxw5ehu

I tried so many different driver and also your 4 in 1 driver.
The thing is when i try to pair it i can immediately detect it and it select your 4 in 1 sensor.
But the blue light on the sensor continue to blink for a few more min like it didn't know its already paired.
And after it stop blinking it still doesn't report active/inactive (does report battery level i think).

Can you post a link to the site where this sensor was purchased? Searching for this device manufacturer, I see two different sensors which have the same Manufacturer ID..

Looks like there is something not very standard with this device. Particularry, it is not issuing a IAS Zone Enroll Request to HE like all other IAS type sensors. I will need some time to research more on it.

@sagi.bracha can you try again, first update to ver. 1.0.11 2022-08-18 timestamp "2022/08/18 8:16 AM" from the development branch: [RELEASE] Tuya Zigbee Multi-Sensor 4 In 1 - #2 by kkossev

You may need to pair the device two times.
Please make the pairing close to the HE hub.

1 Like

HI ,
It took me a few tries with your latest driver and didn't work in the beginning but now looks like it started to work.
Hope it will remain stable and wouldn't drop connection.
any way this is the link i buy this from .
Thanks a lot for your help appreciate it again :smiley:

2 Likes

it worked for me as well

I got the bigger squarish one from AliExpress.
It did not work initially. Following some of the suggestions above, what worked for me was:
-Remove the battery for a minute
-Press reset on the device for 7 seconds
-Re-pair with Hubitat from very close (1 meter)
-I had Generic ZigBee Motion Sensor (no temp) selected, and that works

It's only been a few hours, but so far so good.

DATA

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 46
  • inClusters: 0001,0500,0003,0000
  • manufacturer: _TZ3000_otvn3lne
  • outClusters: 1000,0006,0019,000A
1 Like

this works for me for [TS0202] _TZ3210_cwamkvua (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004644107072.html)

1 Like

Hi kkossev,

For Device: Model TS0202, Manufacturer _TZ3040_6ygjfyll

Thank you for all your work. The driver has been working well for me. With the Konke driver I was having problems with the switched lights, randomly turning on, turning off and then right back on and sometimes staying on until manually switched off. This problem was eliminated with your driver.

The default timeout for switching from the active to the inactive state for my sensors is about 64 seconds. I used the "Reset Motion to Inactive" option under the drivers Preference section to change the timeout to 20 seconds. It timed out after 20 seconds, but detected false motion 60 seconds after the initial detection and then went active for about 4 to 5 seconds. So, in effect it kept the default time out of 64 seconds. Is there a value in the driver code that can be edited or another method that can be used to change to timeout to a period shorter than 67 seconds?

Thank you again for your efforts, it saved me from sending my sensors to the recycle center.

Rich

1 Like

Hi @richpasma ,

Your device is produced by a new manufacturer, and its fingerprint is not in the driver. Thatā€™s why it was not recognised automatically.

Can you enable theā€˜Advanced Optionsā€™, click Save, then manually select the device profile to ā€˜TS0202 IASā€™ (or something similar). Save again.

Then you should see options for setting the motion sensor sensitivity and cool-down time. Change the time from the drop-down menu to 30 seconds (or whatever the shortest time is).

You will need to wake up the sleepy device at the same time when you click on the ā€˜Save Preferencesā€™ button. Observe the live logs, if the reconfiguration was successful you should see a log confirming the new settings.

More sure way to accept the new settings is to pair the device again (without deleting it!)

1 Like