Tuya leak sensor on sale

I ordered 10 of these and, other than the fact that you have to supply the battery, they seem to be good build quality and work well.
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805465546511.html
I used csstupā€™s Tuya Leak Sensor driver and added the new fingerprint.

fingerprint endpointId: "01", profileId:"0104", inClusters: "0001,0003,0500,0000", outClusters: "0019,000A", model: "TS0207", manufacturer: "_TZ3000_kstbkt6a", deviceJoinName: "Tuya Leak Sensor, no temp" // TS0207

1 Like

Any info on how long those 2032 batts last?

No, but I expect quite a while as they, I understand, only report wet and report battery voltage every 4 hours.

1 Like

I have the same flood sensor, a battery I installed 8/23 is at 75%, and it was a no name CR2032 with Chinese characters on it. It's under my kitchen sink and let's just say my wife is very generous with washing, washing the backsplash, running water down the sprayer hose onto the sensor under the sink. It's been setoff more times than I care to remember. So battery life is very good, provided you have a good mesh. My hub is on the other side of the wall in the dinning room, on top of the hutch hidden by candles and dried flowers. When she realizes it's up there, I'm in big trouble.

2 Likes

I have a lot of these. Some AliExpress stores have them with batteries.

Since they are inexpensive, every location that could possibly leak water has 2 of these sensors.

As for battery life, the sensors that have been in use for over a year are reporting an average of 75% battery remaining.

I am using the driver ā€˜Tuya NEO Coolcam Zigbee Water Leak Sensorā€™ from @kkossev

1 Like

Guess u dont shut your water valve automatically in an alert?

I do, along with a Pushy high priority message.

I am having trouble with finding a good place to set some of the leak sensors.
Under sinks is obvious, but with tile flooring in the bathrooms that gets mopped (by a cleaning company), Iā€™ve placed them in corners and have made a virtual ā€œHousecleaning in progressā€ switch that disables them and wonā€™t reset unless/until all of them report ā€œdryā€ again.
Any better solutions?

I use them in the AC and water heater pans also.

1 Like

When my wife mops, she picks up all the sensors.

My wife learned to be careful with the steam cleaner.

Cleaning service would probably charge $10/sensor to do that!

1 Like

Update on these. All 16 of them, installed 2nd week of January, still showing 100% battery.