Tuya KCTW1Z-02 battery not seen

Hi all,

I have a Tuya KCTW1Z-02 temperature/humidity sensor. I added the device as Zigbee device, and changed the device type to a generic Zigbee Temperature/Humidity Sensor. It works very well, except that the batery status is not shown. As a result in Homekit it is reported as: low level: 0.

Where can I start with debugging the issue?

Tuya (and all other Zigbee) devices are uniquely identified by the model and the manufacturer, as shown on the device web page in HE - Device Details Data section. Please post the data that you see there.

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 43
  • inClusters: 0001,0003,0402,0405,E002,0000
  • manufacturer: _TZ3000_ywagc4rj
  • model: TS0201
  • outClusters: 0003,0019,000A
  • softwareBuild:
1 Like

For some battery-powered devices it may take up to 24 hours until the battery percentage remaining is send by the device. For some devices, this can be forced by removing the batteries for a couple of seconds and inserting the batteries back into the device.

As this is a Tuya device, it is not always guaranteed that HE inbuilt drivers will work with all models and manufacturers. If the battery reading (or the humiridy) does not show up within 24 hours, you can try this custom Tuya T/H driver.

1 Like

I can confirm that this custom driver works great! Thank you so much for your work!!!

1 Like