Tuya Garage Door Opener Integration HELP

First post here so please excuse any incorrect posting etiquette.

I have followed all instructions I can find on here and tried my own troubleshooting but I just can’t get this Tuya Garage Door Opener to work.

The contact just has a question mark beside it and I can’t get it to actually ready from the device (seen below).

I’m using the Tuya Zigbee Garage Door Opener device handler. I’ve tried resetting it a couple different times and each time I only get this far. Here is my device data set if it helps.

Please help me! I’m about to return it if I can’t get it to read correctly.

Hi @user6833 ,

Your device is a new one and its fingerprint was not present in the driver.
Please update manually the driver code to version 1.0.5 - use this dev. branch link :
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kkossev/Hubitat/development/Drivers/Tuya%20Zigbee%20Garage%20Door%20Opener/Tuya%20Zigbee%20Garage%20Door%20Opener.groovy

Then, obligatory pair the door opener again to your hub.

Let me know if it works. If not, enable the Debug logs and copy/paste the log lines that follow when you press the button and close the sensor.

2 Likes

@kkossev thank you for your quick response! I copied the code into the driver and updated it, then re-paired the device. I had to go to the "Device" type and "find info" to get it to populate the manufacturer and all in the data fields then change device type back to the driver that you made.

Now when I click close or open, I hear the relay clicking which I think is a good sign something is close... However, I don't see the "?" go away and can't get it to read the contact sensor (it's wired incorrectly and I have been trying to manually toggle it with the magnetic receiver). It just shows "closing" like the picture below:

Here are my data fields:

Here are some logs that I have, can you tell what's going on with it?

One more odd thing I noticed, it seemed to only click the relay when it was still in "pairing mode" (red light was flashing). Once it was a solid red light and I would click open and close, I didn't hear anything anymore.

Hi @kkossev,

Was that log info what was needed or should I send some more info? I haven’t gotten it to work yet unfortunately. Thank you again!

Unfortunately, this seems to be some of these problematic Zigbee 3.0 new devices that will not stay connected to Hubitat hubs, There are dozens of similar problems reported in the past year, but there is no solution yet.

What was working OK was the old _TZE200_nklqjk62 Zigbee board, now the same device, from the same manufacturer, but using the new _TZE204_nklqjk62 Zigbee SoC will not work in HE.

1 Like

Okay thanks. I did read through the link for the other post you sent and I’ll try to pair it with selecting the option to ignore the Zigbee 3.0 and see how that does as a last resort effort.