Turn on lights with a remote

I returned all the Sengleds that I bought and ended up getting Lutron Picos.

In depth review (including my mounting solution) in this post.

Are you able to connect >1 hue 4 button remotes to HE? It seems the newer ones(model 2A252C) are a little better. The older ones constantly fall off despite being a "certified" device and even with the new one, I can only reliably connect a single device or they fall off right away. And it's not a signal or mesh issue, as others have suggested. Unless I have 42(yes 42) bad zigbee repeaters.

What has worked great for me are the Aqara Opple button controllers. They are Zigbee 3.0 and work fantastic. They are a nightmare to get paired initially, but once paired are solid. The 6 button model I have has 36 options accessible, of which i can remember about 5.

As far as Lutron, reports are they work great but be prepared to spend alot of money. The required pro bridge is about ~150? and the dimmers are $60.00 each the last I checked

Probably the best button controller option out there are the Lutron Picos.
Available in black or white with several button and engraving configurations and a 10 year battery life. The 5 button pico is less than 15 bucks. It does require the lutron pro bridge to integrate with hubitat, but you dont need to buy into their switches and dimmers to use the Picos.

And i recall getting the sengled button controller configured to be a pain, also as others have mentioned it has a tendency to require two button presses to activate one in hubitat when its not been used in some time.

@Rxich Yes I have 2 of the Philips Hue ones. I got rid of all my Hue bulbs and hub in favor of hard-wired smart switches but I kept these remotes and they work great directly with Hubitat, I have never had a problem. (model 473371).

Thanks. Do you know if the remotes are directly connected to the hub or connect through a router, then to the hub?

It connects directly to the hubitat hub via zigbee. (if you were asking about the Philips Hue remotes)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.