Turn off certain switch after being manual turn off after certain time period

Ok so I know this should be simple but I'm still struggling through it. Coming over from IRIS it's much more functional but I'm such a novice I feel I get lost between rules machine and lighting app. All I'm trying to do on certain switches is set them up to go off after a certain amount of time from them being turned on. Example pool pump I have a timer from 10am to 2pm. Then I will go in the pool turn the pump on through the dashboard. I would like for it automatically turn off after an hour without causing any issues to the 10am to 2pm schedule. Thanks!

You can do it with rule machine, however here is an app that schedules pool switches and changes the time running every night due to what month it is. It also will turn off if manually started.

You can also do it with rule machine, but your timed switch will have to disable the auto shutoff rule with a private Boolean or global variable

Is there a way to tell the system through rule machine that between the times of 2pm and 10am if the the pool outlet which is through the GE Outlet is turn on by my dashboard to then turn off after one hour? Does that make sense? Thanks.

It won't know if it is the dashboard, device page, app or manual. AFAIK that granularity is not there.

You can create a triggered rule that is like this that will do it no matter what turns it on:
Trigger: switch on
rule: time between 2 and 10
action: delay 60 min switch off

You are contradicting yourself. Let me see if I understand you.

1. Turn pump on at 10am
  2. Turn pump off at 2pm.
  3. If "some action" turn pump on for 1 hour then off if time is between 2pm and 10am
  4. If "some action" turn pump on for 1 hour but don't turn off until 2pm if time is between 10 am and 2pm?

I don't understand why you would turn the pump on again if it is already on. If the time is between 10am and 2pm, the pump will be on, so there is no need to do anything to turn it on, it already is. Instead, do you mean that if you do some action between 10am and 2pm to leave the pump on for only 1 hour and then turn it off regardless of the time of day? You kind of say both so I'm not clear on what you are trying to do.

So, the second set would be:

1. Turn pump on at 10am
  2. Turn pump off at 2pm.
  3. If "some action" turn pump on for 1 hour then off regardless of what time of day it is.

The solutions are vastly different between the first situation and the second.

Ryan sorry for not being very clear on this. So I have a smaller above ground pool and want the pump to run every day from 10am to 2pm. Then if we get in the pool outside of those times I will manually turn on the pool pump to keep it clean. Then what happens is I forget to turn it off the pump just to wake up a night with it still running. That's why I wanted a delayed rule to turn off after 60 mins when manually turning it on through my dashboard. The information napalmcsr provided gave me is what I needed. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.