I got quite many Sonos units and they all perform well with the Hubitat integration.
I have two speakers dedicated mostly only for TTS, but also small sound files like a barking dog when someone is at the door. So far so good, but when a TTS message is announced it often scares the ■■■■ out of me.
If possible I would like a small beeb or ding dong just before an announcement, would that be possible within a tts message? I am aware that I could convert my TTS messages to sound files and add a small warning sound in the beginning. But maybe there will be some other solution?
I’m not entirely sure about the built-in Hubitat Sonos integration, but if you switch to the Sonos Advanced Controller community suite by Daniel Winks (danielwinks), it has this exact feature built right in.
You can install it directly via Hubitat Package Manager (HPM) by searching for "Sonos Advanced Controller", or check out the official release thread here: [RELEASE] Sonos Advanced Controller - Custom Apps and Drivers - Hubitat (https://community.hubitat.com/t/release-sonos-advanced-controller/128383).
Once installed, go to your Sonos player device's Preferences section, and look for the option labeled "Play chime before standard priority TTS messages". Toggling that on will automatically trigger the native Sonos chime before speaking any standard TTS message without needing to manually combine audio files or edit your existing rules.