TTS and Sonos

I have the latest updates and my Sonos is no longer speaking my notifications in rule machine.

I have tried deleting the rule and setting it up again.

No side what could be th e issue.

Did you get this working?

No I did not, rules are set correctly but doesnt work.

Maybe take it up with support. I can get TTS to work with sonos using rules, etc. but it doesn't resume after and it keeps the volume at what it was set for the TTS. Very annoying! For this very reason, I have reverted back to ST and WebCore to do my announcements. Works much better.

I did email support...A ticket has been open with them for about a week now...Waiting on a response.....

Have you tried uninstalling the integration app and reinstalling it?

yes, still no luck

looks like i had to delete rule machine app as well...that finally worked...So fustrating since I had so many rules already setup and now have to re-do them.

Back to not working.

If you have a rule firing notifications, post it here. Might be a better way to trigger TTS that someone can recommend, but we need to see what you're doing to begin with.

Here is a screen shot of the rule....

Funny thing, I can put an individual contact sensor and it works fine.

I guess I am missing something or not doing something right.

What's the (random) for?

For mine, I separate all my sensors into individual rules because I've noticed the same thing about individual sensors working better and I can pause individual announcements depending on various conditions (weather, guests over, etc).

interesting approach.

1 Like

I've tried deleting the Sonos app and all rules again...Sonos app reinstalled and it shows up in the device list. But now when trying to do individual rules, the Sonos is there to select as a speak device.

Tried rebooting and deleting everything again, same result.

I can control it from the device section perfectly fine.

Sonos devices don't show up as speak devices, only as music devices.

interesting, see attached.

Shows up as both.

1 Like

Huh. I never noticed it was in both! I always use music device because you can control the volume there.

So apparently TTS cannot handle a bunch of sensors to monitor.

Group a few together and it seems to be working, so far at least.

2 Likes

Maybe that's it. However, I do notice that you have Nancy Garage Sensor twice in that rule. Not saying that's it, but it just stood out.

Yea I saw that but its two separate sensors...

OK so only individual sensors and rules work...If I group them together and multiple sensors are open, TTS will not function.

I am little frustrated with Hubitat right because they have not emailed me back on my tech support request.