Trying to wrap my head around rule machine - washing machine "done" notification

Updated rule: added a 2 min delay to avoid false notification (idle while washing) and added an AND condition to avoid false max power (Zooz recorded 89866 Watts for a second !!)

@PPz Can I ask why you have two washer rule running? Are they not the same? Just Curious Thanks
Also did that delayed stop the false notifications?

I don't. I modified the app by changing the notification message (from english to french - WAF again) and playing it on a GM.
Btw, the added delay solved my problem. 2 minutes is enough in my case to avoid that a pause in the process triggered the notification.

Thanks for the reply and update.

Thanks mate that rule worked a treat!!

1 Like

Update: added a timer to know when the machine started and when it stopped.
Sometimes useful to remember if everything worked as expected...

1 Like

I've been trying to get a simplified version of this app running for me with no success. Using a zooz power switch and rule machine 4.0. What I want is when the machine is off for 5 minutes to send a notification to my phone. Wash. Machine is at about 4.5 W when switched on but not running.
Here's what I have, and apologies for not knowing how to produce the text version of these rules as you have:
Trigger: Power Lever of Zooz Power Sensor reports >=2.0.
Actions: If (Power level of Zooz Power Sensor is >=5.0 [false] Then
Delay 0:05:00,

End If

Sorry, after the 5 minute delay
Notify psh01: "Washer is Off"

Take a look at my Washing Machine notification above...

Ok, thanks. Here's what I managed to input, figuring out where to get all of these expressions can take a long time.
Line 6 is a problem. If I make it < it's true and if > then it's false, which does not match yours. So I'm stuck there. Plus, in yours, there is the designation (T) in front of "false" on several lines. I seem to have no control over that, either. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Select Actions for Washer Off for 5 Mnutes

IF (Power level of Zooz Power Sensor(0.000) is >= 5.0(F) AND
Private Boolean is false(F) [FALSE]) THEN
Cancel Delayed Actions
Set Private Boolean True
ELSE-IF (Private Boolean is true(T) AND
Power level of Zooz Power Sensor(0.000) is < 5.0(T) [TRUE]) THEN
Set Private Boolean False
Delay 0:05:00
Notify Pixel 3, psh01: 'Notify Psh01: "Washer is off"'
END-IF

Try clicking RUN ACTIONS and see what happens. :wink: Then, try running a laundry cycle and see what happens.

To share your actual rule, simple screen capture the Rule using a tool like the Windows Snipping Tool. Then simply copy and paste it into your forum post.

Ok, I was already to post a "it failed" and then about 5 minutes later in came the message. So it does work. Now I just have to get the wattage entries correct. Thanks.

1 Like