Trying to set this thing up

Hopefully no one today would expose a telnet connection directly to the Internet. Unless you are actively scanning your local network 24/7 you have no idea whether you have unwanted visitors. I was not wanting to campaign against Lutron, more to point out that all the technologies some minuses.

Nope, I can't. I don't use remotes, so don't have any input there.

I expose telnet. :slight_smile:

I run a BBS though. Lol

That just made me LOL - I used to run a BBS - with a 9600 baud modem....Good Times!

One thing to be aware of when wiring Z-Wave switches, is that there needs to be a Neutral Wire in the switch box (as the switches need to be powered all the time) - I just moved into a condo and bought all new Z-Wave switches - come to find out, that a lot of the wiring does not have a neutral wire in the boxes...So I ended up using Zigbee Bulbs (Sengled bulbs are recommended). And I use a few Peanut Plug Outlets that just plug into a regular outlet - they also act as Zigbee repeaters and are working great. (Peanut Plug supported on Hubitat? - #5 by Navat604).

Good Luck - everyone is here to help.

Mark

I like the Aeotec stuff (I have a Mini-mote that works great with HE) Nano Mote Quad - Aeotec

Not sure if the Picos can be used standalone without the Lutron integration, if so they look awesome. Starting with Lutron for me was just adding another expense and another integration...I am a big advocate of Keep it Simple - Did you have Lutron from the beginning? Or did you decide to deploy HE and Lutron together? For me, personally I never went down the HUE or Lutron path and I am very happy with the way my house is automated.

:slight_smile:

bbs.clutchbbs.com

2 Likes

Wow... now that's memory lane... I can hear the squeal of modems... :slight_smile:

2 Likes