Trying to integrate Hubitat with Google Nest doorbell - can it be done?

I was pretty sure I had seen before I bought my Hubitat that there was a workaround to be able to connect to the Google Nest doorbell. But I can't find anything other than a deprecated link to a Google Nest API that isn't on the Apps page anymore. Can I still do this? I really don't want to have to get another doorbell. :frowning:

Yes, I've done it through the Shelly i4dc device and RIBU1C relay. I'll send a scheme soon. Detects a doorbell press and triggers a web push to Hubitat. Works every time. Disconnected my doorbell chime and used other sound via hubitat, and lights etc.

Unless you have the legacy doorbell, the SDM API mentioned above doesn't include the new models. See this discussion in Google community:

They added both the new ones:

2 Likes

Here is the instructions on Nest Hello integration into Hubitat using Shelly i4dc and RIB Relay.

1 Like

First, I am neither a Google Nest Doorbell nor Google Home user...thus the answer to this question/suggestion may seem obvious to some. Please be kind...

When I was using a Ring Doorbell, I simply added it to my Amazon Alexa system. Then, within Alexa I simply created a Routine that when triggered by the Doorbell (either motion or button press) would simply turn on a Virtual Hubitat switch that I had configured with the automatic off feature after about 5s. This then allowed me to use the Virtual Switch as a trigger in any Hubitat automations.

Is something like this not feasible in the Google/Nest platform?

1 Like

Sure can. That would totally work if you just wanted to have something happen when the doorbell rings.

The only advantage to using the integration I posted above is getting snapshots from the camera fed into Hubitat.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.