Trying to get TTS to speak to work on a Google Home mini

Yes, 127.0.0.1 always means "This machine". So if you enter that in the app, you are telling it to look for the API on the Hubitat Elevation hub itself, and we know that's not correct.

I copied-paste the code and no, is still the same. The strange thing is that the speaker looks connected correctly to HE because if I manually change the volume level directly by touching my google mini that will be reflected in HE:

ok, so yes with the raspberry IP it was able to discover my devices

try using the speak command

tried, but did not speak. Or should I reinstall everything and try ?

Wondering if this step has been missed. I had some trouble in the beginning and these steps that @Ryan780 provided were helpful.

IP Address in the URL below should be the IP address of your Raspberry Pi
http://ip-address:3000/assistant/setup

1 Like

@SmartHomePrimer may have just found the missing link.

1 Like

I did not see anywhere this step. Let me try and see

when you ran this test was the switch for use google tts voice on or off?

It's listed here as an optional step for broadcast, but maybe it's not optional for our HE implementations.

ok, before doing this step I want to set as static the IP of my raspberry but when going to the modem IPs list it is not showing now. Do you know how can I get the MAC address from? normally I get it from this list

mm not sure, how should it be?

Try the switch in both positions. Click save preferences. And try the test.

Sure. Use the first command line instructions and it will show you the IP. Sometimes the router will show the device type, but I guess yours does not. This will work.

Just double checking as well. Sounds like you are getting a response, but you did do
cast-web-api-cli start on the node.js server?

tried that one but did not work and @cwwilson08 suggested an alternate command that worked. Need to find in this thread history to remember which one was

1 Like

No need. Just a simple double check the server was running.

@Aldo

Try a different test. Google for a mp3 url on that for sure plays in the browser.

Paste that url in the play track box. Push the play track button.

will this be another way to check that? if I put the url I would get "castWebApi":"v1.2.1" as per this screen right?

1 Like

let me try find an mp3 in the web

1 Like