True Smart home

The switches are nice for guests. For example, the bathroom lights are triggered by motion and contact sensors. If somebody turns off the switch when they leave it will override the motion sensor for a short while. This way they don’t have to change their behavior when visiting but everything is still automated.

This is what I'd like, dose anyone have an app?

There are a few out there. I've gone the Alexa Guard route, which serves my purpose, and what is really missing for me is the Sonos piece.

I'm tempted to switch over to this app [ [RELEASE] At Home Simulator ] by the incredible @bptworld , and then do my own Sonos Rules if I can figure them out (or better, write an app if i can muster it, I'm rusty at coding).

1 Like

A TRUE Smart home would probably lock us out and never let us back in. We mess the thing up, break things and generally upset it. With us gone, a true smart home would happily go about it's business unconcerned about what WE wanted it to do.

2 Likes

Yes, fair point. I left our guest bedroom and en-suite completely unautomated for just that reason.

They touch anything else they don't get a second invite!! :grinning:

1 Like

Haha, that's why I made it so that most of the switches don't really do anything. More just a UI feel good. :wink:

1 Like

I have released the app I was describing: [RELEASE] Sleepy House

This is what happens when Smart Homes go bad ....

1 Like

That wasn't a smart home going bad. That was a mobile home going bad. 31%20AM