Introducing 'At Home Simulator'
Turn lights on and off to simulate the appearance of an occupied home using YOUR normal routine.
What does this do?
This app is designed to give a lived in look based on your daily routine. This is not a random lights generator. Think about your normal daily routine and then program the lights to duplicate how you would normally move about the house. So if you get up at 6:00am but the sun doesn't come up until 8:00am, be sure to create a simulator that lasts at least 2 hours.
Best to make a different child app for Morning, another for Day and then another for Evening. Or as many as you may need (ie. weekdays vs weekends).
- Rule Machine and a Virtual Switch
Using the power of Rule Machine, set up a rule to turn the Virtual Switch to control this simulator on. This way you get to use every type of restriction available including offsets, without reinventing the wheel over here.
- Select as many devices from each group as needed.
- Child Apps are activated/deactivated by the Control Switch or when user selected time runs out
- Set how long each group of lights stays on
- Each group can have a different pause between devices AND a different pause between groups
- Special Random section allows additional lights to randomly turn on/off while the simulator is still running.
- Parent/Child App structure
- Create as many child apps as needed
Apps can be found on my GitHub or by using the Hubitat Package Manager.
(HPM is highly recommended)
When reporting problems...
- Be sure you are on the latest version. I won't troubleshoot an older version.
- Turn on debug and screenshot the issue happening in the log. One line or just the error doesn't cut it. I need a log.
- Post the screenshot of the log with an explanation of the problem.
He's a output from a quick Simulator I did just to show what it can do!