Troubles with CT101

I just set up a CT101 and I've been trying to make a rule that triggers the CT101 to increase the set point to 80 for a prescribed trigger. In this case Im just using a contact. When the contact opens the temp set point should go to 80 instead of whatever setpoint is currently scheduled. That part works but when the contact closes it doesnt restore to the scheduled set point. The only way it does is if I open the Thermostat scheduler app. I only have to open the scheduler app window and the setpoint reverts back to the scheduled setting. Why does it not revert back automatically when the trigger contact closes?

That's because thermostat scheduler isn't set to work that way. I would set up thermostat scheduler to use "Eco Mode" and then use RM to engage eco mode when the contact is open and turn off Eco Mode when the contact is closed. I've had good success using that.

I looked at Eco Mode it only allows decrease of setpoints for heat. I heat my house primarily with a pellet stove. the homes hydronic heat will not come on during those times because its warmer than my normal scheduled set point of say 70. I need to periodically increase the setpoint to an extreme temp, say 80 to turn on the boiler and circ pump. I only want to do this during extreme temps outside every 3 hours or so, and for a duration of maybe 5 mins of a call for heat. I'm ultimately wanting to use the temp from a virtual device to trigger that rule. I was using a contact instead of temp to test it out and thats when I became aware that the temp will revert back from 80 to the scheduled setpoint, only when I click open the thermostat scheduler window and do nothing else. I will say that the CT101 is only battery operated so that does do something to the polling but I did put in a rule to refresh the Tstat every 10 secs and still no good.
I'm open to doing this another way too if someone has a suggestion but cant understand why its doing what I described.

Just did a manual refresh of the TSTAT and Contact and it still doesnt revert back to the normal set point. Only when I click to open the scheduler window app does it immediately revert back to normal set point.

Show your rule and scheduler

When I open the contact it goes to 80 but when I close the contact it doesnt go back to 70 Thanks

Thermostat scheduler will only modify the schedule when an event happens that it recognizes. If Thermostat scheduler is set up by mode, then a mode change. If it is set up by time, then a specific time. The other events it will recognize and reset the setpoints are a change to Thermostat scheduler "Hold" Mode" and "Eco Mode". So, if you change your rule to turn on hold temp and then to turn off the hold mode when you want to the tsat to resume the schedule, Scheduler will reset the setpoint. I went through the same thing when I first set up thermostat scheduler.

If your saying set the hold temperature with the manual tstat button in scheduler I tried that and then invoked hold on and off with the contact trigger and it still doesnt revert back to scheduled temp. Contact open the temp goes up to 80, when I close the contact it still stays at 80. ** the temp will only revert back from 80 to the scheduled setpoint of 70 on the TSTAT when I open the thermostat scheduler window in hubitat and do nothing else** I need it to go to 70 when the contact closes. I appreciate the help. I'm new to this but the system is touted as being able to do anything we can think up and this should be possible.It seems as though there is something wrong with it or I'm missing a step that would help.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.