Trigger showing debug when activated

I'm new to Hubitat but have everything working EXCEPT one trigger rule. Since Blink doesn't play nice with Hubitat, I have utilized IFTTT to turn Blink camera's "on" when Mode is set to "away" and turn Blink camera's off when Mode set to "Day" I want to be able to set "ARM away" in HSM dashboard and when I do that use a rule (trigger) to change Mode to "Away" automatically and when I disarm HSM, to change Mode to "day" also using a Rule (Trigger). I have nothing set in any MODE status.

For the disarmed defined rule, I have "HSM status is disarmed" (True) and Action for True is "Mode: Day". Everything works perfectly, however when I looked at the event logs, every time the trigger works, I get a debug on the event. Clicking on debug brings me to the IFTTT Hubitat section that shows what devices and Modes I have allowed IFTTT to utilize - all are checked. I even unconnected IFTTT and reconnected and chose everything all over again, but still, get the debug notification.

Again the trigger works perfectly! Basically, I just want to click HSM to arm and at the same time, it changes the Mode so the Blink cameras will go off and on automatically. Any suggestions?

Name the Trigger*
Alarm set to disarm set Mode to Day

Select Trigger Events
HSM status becomes Disarmed

Select Actions
Mode: Day

Convert to Triggered Rule

Restrictions

Remove Done with Trigger

Isnā€™t it easier to set the Modes as HSM can then
follow the Modes so that when Mode is HOME, HSM would set Disarm. When Mode is AWAY, HSM would set Armed.

First , I want to thank you for offering a suggestion. You've been the only one lolo. As far as setting Modes, I went into that app first ,and as far as I can see , it only allows settings for, switches, buttons and time of day. I didn't see where it would link to HSM specifically "Armed" to the away Mode. Thats the reason I went to the Rule app that allows a connection between HSM and Modes. If I'm wrong, and theres a good chance I am, because I'm new to this, I'd appreciate any direction on how to use Modes and tie it into HSM. Again, I much appreciate your time and suggestions. Tony

When you go into HSM the first settings are for Automaticalky setting Arming and Fisarming based on Modes. Thatā€™s it. Automatically linked HSM to Modes.
Then as you said from Modes you can set a time of day or a switch to set a Mode.
Eg. I use two ā€œmethodsā€ to set my Modes.

1. Iris keypad
  2. Locative App and IPhone Presence ( search for instructions for these if youā€™re interested)

Thatā€™s it.
When I leave the house, HE detects Ve left and automatically sets AWAY Mode which in turn automatically sets ARMED.
And then the reverse.

Iā€™ve had a few ā€œah haā€ moments in my forst 6 months with HE and one of those was to think Automation rather than Control.
Another was, to go slowly and get any new ā€˜automationā€™ running on a small scale before deploying it fully. ā€˜Much easier to find tune and debug scenarios with fewer triggers, inputs etc.

Cheers,
Nic

1 Like

Your the BEST! Appreciate all your help. I'll take a look at switching to Modes instead of rules. Tony

This might help you out.

This is how I have my modes setup and HSM/RM to manage arming/disarming.

These are my modes. They are set by time and presence.

When the mode changes to any of the Away - * modes (done by presence), it arms HSM automatically.

Finally, when HSM has changed to Armed Away, it kicks off my Goodbye Home routine in HSM.

When my wife and I arrive home, then mode changes to Home - * (depending on time) and kicks off my Welcome Home routine.

OK, Followed Nic concerning "Configure automatic arm/disarm" under HSM and working great. For some reason, it didn't work in the beginning, I went in, whipped out everything, I saved then redid and it's working perfectly now.

Also Big thank you to Corerootedxb for all the images. They will help me in further deciphering how to use Triggers and Modes.

This is a FANTASTIC community and a big thank you all for your help

1 Like

Just don't steal my idea of eleventy billion modes! I'm copyrighting that stuff! LOL :wink:

As @njanda said; Once you get into the mindset of automating versus controlling, it just sort of "clicks" and rules and automations become a lot easier.

LOLOLO, believe me I'm a L O N G way from all those mode automatons, but step by step, I'm getting it. I still don't understand though even with njanda automation, I STILL get a highlighted debug in my event log. I truly believe it has to do with the MODE feature linked to IFTTT and Blink because every time I click the debug, it still brings me to the Hubitat section listing all the devices I have approved. BUT thanks to you guys, everything is working and I have a good foundation to build upon

1 Like

So there is a hubitat ifttt that says Arm Blink when hubitat mode changes.. however when I look under that WHICH MODE section it says OPTIONS UNAVAILABLE.. it shows no modes...
any idea why that may be the case? definitely need to get my blinks going

Sorry for responding late. We had a bad storm and no electricity for 2 days and counting!

In ifttt at the top, you have a tab Applets and another SERVICES. Click on services and choose Hubitat and allow ifttt to contact Hubitat. Then you'll see the modes.

Tony

it was that, and a reboot on the hubitat... quite bizarre.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.