Transitions stopped working

Yesterday my Hubitat was unresponsive.
I then rebooted it and I noticed that there was an update available.

I upgraded from 2.1.7.127 to 2.1.8.115 now my transitions are not working anymore. It just jumps from the starting scene to the ending scene. I rolled back to 2.1.7.127 and it worked again. I then upgraded to 2.1.8.115 again and the first transition worked, but then the following ones did not work anymore.

I've rolled back to 2.1.7.127 again... All seems to be working now...

Am I the only one with the problem?

1 Like

I just saw this as well. I only have one of them but at the proper time, the transition did not work for Hue Lights but it did for native bulbs.

1 Like

Hi Bruce (@bravenel),

I have just tested and the transitions are still not working on the latest update. I only have Philips Hue lamps. At the scheduled time, the transition just jumps from the starting scene to the ending scene.

No hurry, I'm running fine on 2.1.7.127 - but is this still on your todo list? I'm scared that I will not be able to upgrade in the future, when it's needed...

Thank you kindly, I know that you guys are extremely busy, I don't want to impose.
If I could test anything for you, I'll be glad to help.

Regards
Machiel

Please check with latest 2.1.8 update.

Hi Bruce,

I've done some testing.
I have tested on Hue White Ambience with type "hueBridgeBulbCT" and Hue Colour with type "hueBridgeBulbRGBW".

I have tested with version 2.1.7.127 and version 2.1.8.117

Dimming/brightening transitions work perfectly.
Transistions changing colour temperature do not work.
Neither does changing colour.

Here are some logs:
Version 2.1.7.127

And here, the exact same rule in version 2.1.8.117

Hard to believe that there aren't more people with this problem :smile:

Thank you for looking into this. As I've said, there's no hurry (yet).

I've been having problems with this, too.

Probably not a lot of people using this yet. I plan to now that my setup is stable, but I didn't want to before because I was having slowdowns and didn't want to give the hub more to do. I appreciate you finding this and bringing it to Bruce's attention so it can be fixed :+1:

It looks as though a bug was introduced to Scene Transition. I will track it down and fix it.

1 Like

This certainly did get broken. Fixed now, will be in the next release.

6 Likes

I see the fix listed in the 2.1.9 release notes. Does application of the fix require any user intervention, or will existing Scene Transitions with color / color temperature changes just start working again?

They should just work. Could be that opening the app and hitting Done would help. Give it a try.

1 Like

Thank you, Bruce, it's working again!