Tradfri outlet doesn't update state

@mike.maxwell
Something more for the winter queue.
I have noticed that when I turn on/off my Tradfri outlets the state change is not reflected unless I Refresh.
Dirver is internal Ikea TRADFRI Control Outlet.
2.2.7.125 C7

• endpointId: 01
  • model: TRADFRI control outlet
  • application: 20
  • firmwareMT: 117C-1101-20022623
  • softwareBuild: 20022623
  • manufacturer: IKEA of Sweden

Hit "Configure" on the device page and see if it helps. This appears to be a common problem. I wonder if this isn't getting run during pairing for some reason...

2 Likes

Ha, nothing beats an extra Config!
Cheers.

I have three Tradfri outlets.

The two on the same level as the hub are reporting their state change correctly.

The one on the lower level, and farthest from the hub did not display it's state correctly until I hit refresh.

My devices are on a slightly newer firmware version, similar issue.

• endpointId: 01
  • model: TRADFRI control outlet
  • application: 20
  • firmwareMT: 117C-1101-20024623
  • softwareBuild: 20024623
  • manufacturer: IKEA of Sweden

Have you tried hitting "Configure" on the device page (assuming you're using the Ikea Trådfri Control Outlet driver) to see if that helps?

1 Like

I just did that.

I'll check tomorrow after the rule for them kicks in.

Logs are going a bit crazy now. Did that extra config and the status starting working but now I get hundreds of these every day.

ev:1412021-06-01 07:54:33.042 errororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: ikeaControlOutlet.checkEventInterval() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] (checkEventInterval)

dev:1412021-06-01 07:49:05.080 errororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: ikeaControlOutlet.ping() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] Possible solutions: find(), print(java.lang.Object), find(groovy.lang.Closure), print(java.io.PrintWriter), print(java.lang.Object), run() (ping)

My guess it that you were previously using a custom driver for this device and it scheduled some jobs/checks that are not in the stock driver (which as far as I know does no such thing--and the "Configure" would be unrelated to this). Switch to the "Device" driver temporarily, run the "Delete Scheduled Jobs" command, then switch back to the Trådfri outlet driver.

1 Like

Good catch, thanks! There are SCHD jobs for this one but not the others.
I changed back to the old driver and found a button labelled "stopSchedules".
That cleared them and I switched back to the stock driver.

1 Like