TP-Link CS100 Zigbee door sensor

Has anyone attempted to get the TP-Link CS100 Zigbee door sensor working in HE?

I noticed them on B&H's website at a great price ($9.99)
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1415655-REG/tp_link_cs100_open_and_close.html

I couldn't find a way of determining if TP-Link was using ZHA, deCONZ, or zigbee2mqtt so I looked at the SR-20 router's (which the CS100 is marketed to pair with) compatibility list and found the NCZ-3011-HA, which HE also approved, so I was thinking maybe there is hope for the CS100.

Not sure how "good" of a sensor it is but if it's half-way decent, then it may be a winner at that price. Figured I'd reach out to the community before pulling the trigger and getting some.

Any thoughts?

Found a ZigBee compliance document for the SR-20 if that would help get insight on the CS100.
https://api.knack.com/v1/applications/54e658034b4f44e42fb18201/download/asset/57ae372500b1c99819cc90db/tplink_2016_v68_zigbee_certification_pics.xml

Also found the FCC testing report for the CS100...

From my experience on routers, lights, and plug-switches, TP-Link makes solid products for the home market with a strong connection to the business market. If it works with Hubitat (generic driver?), it would likely be a good add to your device list. And this price appears right.

Caution: This may be an orphaned device. It is not on the TP-Link Page as a product. Can not find it on the US product nor support page.

2 Likes

Talk about competition! Now TP-Link wants to "get in the game".
They now have a router, which includes a Zigbee and Zwave Hub!

1 Like

This has been around for several years. I even believe it had Zigbee and Z-Wave originally (or maybe they upgraded). They want their Kasa App and Kasa Cloud to be your integration home.

So I took a chance an bought a couple.
The sensor connected to HE just fine (ZigBee via HUSBZB-1) and got open/close readings using either of the following drivers...

• Generic ZigBee contact sensor
  • NYCE contact sensor

Neither would read the battery level though. Here are the device details...

• endpointId: 01
  • application:
  • softwareBuild:
  • inClusters: 0000,0001,0003,0500,FF88
  • outClusters: 0019
  • model: CS100
  • manufacturer: TP-Link

The build on the unit is very nice; much nicer than my HS-DS100+. The only neg I can see is they do not have a tamper switch and are not reporting battery state with the current drivers.

Not sure what to do at this point (newbie here). Do I post the info in a specific forum for HE driver consideration, donate a sensor to a community dev, or what?

Please advise.

1 Like

Hello peeps,

First, thank you all for this fun that you brought to my life.

I have 3 CS-100's (Open/Close sensor) and 3 MS-100's (Motion Sensor) working as Generic ZigBee devices.
Open/close sensors work no problem what so ever.
Motion sensors work but reset time is over 3 minutes on all 3 that I have.
Timed all 3 multiple times and more or less, they are all on about 3 mins "reboot" time.
Is there any way I can reset time quicker?

Few Notes:
After plugging in new battery, I had device discovered by Hubitat and had no control of the sensors at all.
After removing the battery for a few seconds, sensors reconnect and start working as they should.
Another note about MS-100 - There is another "sub device" [Motion Sensor 1 - Light Indicator Sensor (Generic Component Switch)]

Thanks!

1 Like

What am I doing wrong here?
My TP Link CS 100 just shows up as a device. It has no functionality at all.

You need to go to Device page, and change the device type under Device Information section and click Save Device.

The first thing I did, (obviously), was change the type to a generic zigbee contact sensor. I've also tried NYCE contact sensor. Neither results in it being anything other than a functionless "device".

Others have been successful with this. What did I miss?

I think that you have to "configure" immediately after setting the device type.

2 Likes

Nope.
Tried that.
Configured, refreshed, switched device to a contact sensor, nothing works.
I wasted my money.

The guy above you said to take out the battery for a few seconds, maybe try that??

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.