Totally frustrated with the Z-Wave mesh

@bravenel I went back to .130 and so far it's getting better. Been working with @bobbyD and he has been great!

I'm working with Motion lighting app. I think I have to set up 2 for what I want to do

Turn on kitchen light when motion is action between sunrise and 9am. Turn off after 1 min

Turn on kitchen light when motion is active between sunset and 11pm. Turn off after 1 min.

Is this correct having to set up 2

1 Like

I am open to trying it again, knowing I can roll back.
Im happy to report on it, as long as my posts are taken in the vein they are meant, to help finding issues. All I want is for the platform to be great, and i'll help however I can.

1 Like

You could setup modes,
morning = sunrise > 9am
Night = sunset > 11pm
Then you could have multiple rules running only during those times.
Restrictioned to mode X and Y
Or you can setup 2 to test for now

so no z-wave changes between 2.1.3 and 2.1.4? You can definitely add me to the list of people who are seeing oddities with 2.1.4 (123 and 130) vs 2.1.3.

I had mesh issues, bought z-wave repeaters, got my mesh perfect. My triggers are nearly instant, I've gone one crappy door lock that is off by a second or two.

2.1.4 was constant issues with door locks not updating. I couldn't get a consistent door lock state using "Generic Z-Wave Door Lock". Unlocked when locked, locked when unlocked. Tapping button does nothing, then after a minute or two it locks/unlocks. Polling on/off made no difference. My z-wave repair completed in just a couple of minutes with no errors.

Rolled back to 2.1.3 and voila, everything is back to being perfect.

It can't be a coincidence... and I was on 2.1.4 for almost a week with these issues, thinking it would sort itself out.

1 Like

If there is a problem, it doesnā€™t have to have been caused by direct changes to the wireless driver code. From what I can see, itā€™s apps reacting to input or sending outputs that are where the problem occurs.

Could some change to another part of the system be causing high CPU or sucking bus bandwidth? As a programmer, thatā€™s where Iā€™d be looking next...

Edit: or perhaps not CPU or i/o, but dead locking on a shared resource.

1 Like

Exactly. As a software engineer, I've learned long ago that just because a piece of code in a particular area hasn't been changed, it doesn't mean that some other seemingly unrelated change could have an affect. It could be something as obscure as a simple timing change causing a latent defect to suddenly manifest itself.

1 Like

Due to the certificate issue and having a C-3 hub and not wanting to have issues getting updates in the future I decided to try the upgrade from 2.1.3.128 to 2.1.4.130 again yesterday.

So far the only issue I've noticed was I had to pull the battery from one of my Schlage locks to get it to talk to the system again. Otherwise my rules that rely on Z-Wave devices seemed to be working well last night.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.