Topology: Does this mean anything to you?

I have no idea what I'm looking at. Good, Bad, Ugly?

Looks fine to me

1 Like

This will help some.

Generally, blue is good, means your devices can see each other, have more options for good routing. I'll let others delve deeper...

1 Like

I'll have to read that, thanks.

I find it goes well with a fruit-forward Zin or Malbec. :wink:

1 Like

Might want to try out this community app. It provides a lot of details in a friendly format.

2 Likes

If I play my cards right, I'll wake up to slowwww world and then groggily turn on debug for the Ecolink.

1 Like

I'm pretty new at this but I've learned:

1. Node 01 (and 02 to 05) is your hub.
  2. Blue indicates the device on the horizontal axis and vertical axis are talking to each other (repeating)
  3. Red is not connection.
  4. Every device must have a "path" to the hub. I would guess the minimum number of repeaters between a device and the hub is better.

Casually looking at the "pattern" your red is far away from the hub. This should be good (as opposed to a lot of red near node 01)

The same information is on the ZWave page.

The top device in the screenshot says:

This device Goes through devices 07 then 0D then 1C then to the hub 01.

1 Like

As a new hubitat user just went to see my z-wave topology and it's really red.

Everythings works great though. Does that mean that I shouldn't do anything?

I think that depends on a couple things. If these are Zwave PLUS devices, give it a couple days to settle out. Especially if it is all working, don't touch it!

If there are older non-Plus, you may want to do a Zwave repair on those particular devices. But again, if it is working, let it be.

They all have a friend if you look down each of the rows. More blue will fill in over time as they find more friends.
You can compare columns to rows and see which devices are friends with which. Eventually it should start to look something like this...

1 Like

Exactly right. The old "If it ain't broke..." applies.

2 Likes

..and I did nothing :slight_smile: Left it as the way it is. I'm seeing minor changes ..couple blue blocks more in certain rows so I'm guessing it's building itself. Of course there's still lot of red but if everything works then I'm ok with it.

1 Like

My wife says the same about me. May not look perfect, but as long as he works... :wink:

2 Likes

Check back in a week and post what it looks like then

1 Like

Ok so here's updated map:

Added couple of new devices but otherwise stays exactly same. Everything still works. Maybe this is as good as it can get in my environment and maybe it is enough :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is what's really important. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know that everything has been said but.. It's slightly annoying to read z wave details from hub and compare that information to z wave map. They are not matching or I do not understand something. According map there is device which has no connection (nr 30)

At the same time details page says:

0x30 (048) PER: 0, RTT Avg: 4ms, LWR RSSI: 4dB
Neighbors: 1, Route Changes: 1 OKRepair in: 0x5E, 0x30, 0x84, 0x80, 0x86, 0x72, 0x71, 0x70, 0x85, 0x59, 0x73, 0x5A, out: Door Sensor Warehouse None 01 -> 11 -> 30 40kbps

Are those map and details information usually accurate or are they just pointing directions what it might be? As you guys earlier said nothing should be done if everything works. Yesterday I changed location of one outlet (repater) and red that if repeater location is changed then it is okay to run "repair z wave". I did that and thought that some of the weirdness in details page and in map could change after repair..but nothing actually happend. One sensor has two meters to outlet but it does not want to use it. Sensor communicates with outlet 5m away.