Toggle ikea smart plug every 30 seconds

I have an Ikea smart plug that I want to toggle every 30 seconds. What's a good way to go about it?

I'm trying to break in the engine on a generator, and I need to vary the load for 5 hours. I have a space heater hooked up to it with the smart plug. I am using a motion sensor right now in the busy house to toggle with the Hubitat simple lighting module, but everyone is going to bed soon, so I need a timer.

Long term, I'd like to use the same method for controlling pumps on my hydroponics.

A simple trigger would do this. The trigger being "Periodic" every 30 seconds. Then the action would be for the switch, Toggle.

3 Likes

I have the same question, I am overthinking what may be a simple rule.

I need a repeat timer to control a water pump on my towergarden. 1 minute on, then 12 minutes off, repeat action indefinitely.

Should be simple but i am making it complicated in my head right now...

Yours is a little more complicated.

Trigger: Periodic, every 13 minutes
Action:
Turn on
Delay 1 minutes
Turn off

3 Likes

Thanks Ryan, this is much simpler than what I would have come up with!

1 Like

@sven, are you currently using Hubitat to control your pumps? How has reliability been? I'm still using a plug in timer because I am worried about the HE possibly not being as reliable, and losing all of my plants. I have been using the Hubitat to control lights, and it's been fine so far.

Yes, it has been working flawlessly since I activated the rule. I am using a Iris / centrality 3210 plug...

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.