Timer

So we just welcomed a new baby in the house! My question is about timers, specifically breastfeeding timers. Is it possible to buy a smart button and with a single click start a timer and with another single click end a timer. But the real tough one, could we set it up when you double click the button it would read aloud on Google home last timer duration and what time it started?

I am pretty sure this could be accomplished with RM though it would not be trivial and would require some thinking about how best to go about it. You just need to make sure you purchase a button that supports double-click and double-click is also supported by the driver. Or you could use a button that had "press and hold" as an event instead of double-click. The rule itself would then have to use a variable that tracked when the timer started and calculate how long was left.

Ok awesome thanks for the feedback. Do you have any recommendations on buttons?

I don't have any that double-click so not really sure. I use Aeotec's wall mote for a lot of stuff. I dont think it supports double-click but it does support press-and-hold. The ST buttons are now made by Aeotec and the documentation says they do support double-click and the Samsung button driver looks like it does as well. I created a virtual button and used the ST driver... I was able to create a trigger in RM for double-tap so I would guess that would work. Sorry not to be more definite but I'd hate for you to buy it and then have it not work.

1 Like

Maybe one of the community apps might work? There might be other community apps, these were the first to come to mind.

I am not sure the first one is exactly what you want, maybe the second is closer match?

2 Likes

Welcome to the community!

I've had good luck with the SONOFF SNZB-01 ZigBee button with this driver.
Single, double and hold functions.

2 Likes