Time to install the Honeywell T6 Pro Z-wave Thermostat? Any tricks or tips?

I do.

1 Like

I think that is my problem. I used the other thermostat apps or the Apple home kit. I never figured out where to find rules for this. I was hoping adding the thermostat apps would enable me to change rules from the dashboard.

If you could give a quick nudge where to find the rules for it and where I could change that on the thermostat that would help.

How are things going? Did you add the device to the app in the controls yet? Then add the device to your dashboard?

I don't know your setup but I will make an assumption that you are using the standard dashboard like I do and have a few other devices on there.

1 Like

Here is an example of a rule I use to change the temp. At night our house shutdown rule sets the thermostat to 64.

3 Likes

Honeywell T6 Pro Z-Wave Thermostat - :triangular_ruler: Rule MachineĀ® - Hubitat

2 Likes

Here is a dash with the thermostat on it. Like I said earlier, you want to change ISU 300 to on on the thermostat itself.

3 Likes

very nice and clean. where do you get your api weather from?

My Weatherflow but you can also use something like weather underground, lots of attributes in which every one of them can be a trigger for a rule

1 Like

Got the isu300 on thank you. Maybe thatā€™s why the screen didnā€™t make sense when I saw it. Iā€™ve seen people automate on the device settings and Iā€™ve seen some people have a rules category that Iā€™ve never had on my screen.

1 Like

My example above was using Rule Machine

1 Like

Iā€™ll check out the rule machine. Thanks.

Side question, when I use the dashboard it takes time to go to dashboard then pick a dashboard on my phone ap. Anyways to defaul the opening of the ap to your one dashboard so it responds a bit quicker?

Wow! That's a lot of data! Guessing that is a subscription. :slight_smile: Thanks for the info.

I'm running an android so it remembers whatever dashboard I last used and will open it when I click the dashboard icon in the app. Not sure about apple stuff. It's like three bucks for a subscription to run off site so I use that and it seems that it works better now.
You could also enable a custom URL dashboard in the phone app settings and it would point to that every time. You could try to copy the URL provided by the hubitat settings/ apps/ hubitat dashboard/(select your named dashboard)/ scroll down to cloud link and copy / paste into custom url field on phone app.

I'm going to try that later for fun. :slight_smile:

Nope, freely available

1 Like

Rad! I guess I know what I'm doing this weekend! You rock! Thank you!

Driver is available in HPM

1 Like

In some ways I feel closer.

Iā€™m a bit confused. I created all of my rules. I told them to run, and itā€™s not exactly like I set.

For example - living room daytime I set for heat to start at 69 but cooling to start at 74. This is my room and the effect.

I got it downloaded. How do I apply it to the dashboard?

Setup an account on wunderground and go into settings there and get an API key

1 Like