Tiles / Dashboard / Updated Population

Dashboards need to auto-update/populate from within the app's menus, not by having to "manually" add every device, selecting its type and attributes. Hubitat is so much better at many levels than ST, but on that one, it makes no sense whatsoever for it makes things more complicated for users. Over time, dashboards become obsolete, due to several accrued modifications (mostly new devices added, failded devices replaced, and so on). We really need a dashboard that can update and self populate new tiles. The current interface is a joke. Sorry, but this is really how I feel about it, despite the utmost respect and admiration that I have for this platform.

No thank you.
When I create a dashboard, the last thing I want is to auto populate it with all my devices!
Iā€™m very specific in what I show on my limited number of dashboards.

Andy

5 Likes

I'm not sure I'm following you on this one but I wouldn't want a new device to just add itself to all my dashboards that have all devices enabled. Particularly a device that has numerous attributes.

Having said that, there is an option when creating a new dashboard to auto populate a 7x12 grid.

3 Likes

I am referring to being able to add a device within the app's settings instead of within the dashboard itself.

Whenever I add a device to the list of devices after the app has already been installed, it will not appear on my dashboard. The app's update() method does not seem to populate new devices that I have added into its settings - for that I have to go to the dashboard itself and from there and there only I get to add a new device OR I have to delete the app and install a new instance of it.

Just the devices I add inside the app... Not all my devices. I never said "all". Thanks for your answer.

And again I see the solution being physical device mapping with virtual counterpart. This way rules, dashboards, etc isn't broker after you replace a device.