Thoughts on how to override Thermostat Scheduler for holidays?

I have a device switch that I set to on for holidays. Effectively all of the relevant rules interpret this as being on a Saturday/Sunday. What I haven't figure out yet is how to tell Thermostat Scheduler to follow Saturday/Sunday schedules for heating/cooling.

Does anyone have any thoughts? Thanks.

I can't offer a solution, but it may be useful to post what you have already in your Thermostat Scheduler setup.

i have same problem. I set set up alternative schedules for holiday then switch to them for holidays. I set up holidays as a virtual switch. What I think is needed is more options to disable a schedule.. currently you can only have one switch. Why not have more?

The only way I could come up with to solve for this was to execute some commands during the day that override the schedule.

For example, if I had a setback at 9am on M-F. When it is a holiday and M-F, run a hold schedule at 8:59 and set the temp you would like at that time instead of the setback.

I do the same thing based on the number of people home. If I am the only one home then the house sets back on a normal schedule and only heat and cool the areas of the house that I will be in - mostly my office. But if someone else is home then it overrides this schedule through the technique above.

Also, I noticed something else - if you have a switch restricting the scheduler then the scheduler ignores all commands at that point. I had a setup where I wanted to set bedrooms to eco mode for my daughters who are away at college when the house detects their presence gone. I noticed that the rooms were still heating/cooling. I eventually figured out that I was using the combined presence switch to restrict the scheduler. And as soon as that went on the scheduler ignored the next command to go into eco mode. I solved for this by setting a separate virtual switch to control the scheduler and therefore control the timing. Send Eco mode command then set virtual device off to restrict scheduler.

If I understand it right, create 2 thermostats schedules, then use restrictions as follows...

Normal schedule... (disable when holiday switch is on)

Holiday schedule... (disable when holiday switch is off)

If I read this correctly then create two schedulers - one regular and one holiday. Then disable one or the other as needed? This would work.

Another thing I have been looking at is to activate scheduled setpoints for Saturday on a holiday. Since the schedule I want on a holiday is the weekend schedule. But I can't find any documentation on what this command actually does. Does it work just for that day and then goes back to regular schedule the next day? Will have to test that one.

@simon4

Just remembered that when using this setup, I needed to create a RM Rule to actually activate the new schedule when the it sense the control switch change or else it will only change the temps on the thermostats at the next scheduled change.