This thread is rather insightful

Definitely one of the most convoluted reset processes I've seen. It's no wonder people get frustrated.

2 Likes

Wow. COuld have shortened the video by saying turn off for 2 seconds and on for 8 seconds. Repeat this 5 times LOL.

I know, it's kind of hilarious. I could see Saturday Night Live running with this.

1 Like

For sure. Although that second process was a humdinger! Almost to the point of patting your head and rubbing your belly.

Didn't watch video but found this in the comments:
"Your [light] bulb may be running on an older version of firmware." - a phrase I never expected to hear in my life.
How far we have gone!

2 Likes

100%
After the 3rd 8 second cycle I was waiting for the April Fools message. I thought the Hampton Bay controller reset was the worst I've seen. Then I saw the first half of this video and realized I had just witnessed the worst reset process possible.....
Unitl I watched the second half and realized...nope...it could get worse.

3 Likes

What happened with the last {very critical} step of swinging a screaming chicken over your head?

3 Likes

They've got some never calling those "Smart" bulbs. Final step, throw those crap bulbs in the garbage. This is the same company making jet engines that must run flawlessly.

[Reporter] Do we know the cause of the crash
[ GE] "Oh, well you see, they didn't do the correct engine maintenance for that firmware version."

I think the reason they do it that way is so that people can reset their bulbs along with the video. That way they don't have to try and count or use a watch or something.

1 Like