This seems simple.. am I just that dense?

hey everyone, new to Hubitat and home automations in general.
just dipping my toes in i have the C-8 Pro and so far one outlet.
trying to grasps rules, i tried to set up a simple presence rule. the outlet controls my street light and under counter lights. (dont ask why, previous owner.)
the goal is to not come home to a dark house, and my arrival times vary, so a simple time on/off isnt practical as im trying to be super conservative of electricity use as well.
got everything to work but i cant turn off the outlet when im home now. Hubitat just turns it back on based on the rule.

How can i turn the outlet on with geofence/presence sensor, but also be able to turn it off while present?

Post a screenshot of the rule that you have created. It makes it easier for the community to help out.

3 Likes

I would suggest setting up modes first. I have done mine with just time of day.

Without seeing the rule as @johnwill1 suggested above, is difficult to determine what is triggering the rule to fire again after you turned off the outlet while at home. If the trigger is when a presence sensor senses that someone arrived, that rule should not retrigger when you are already home.

May also want to share more details about your mobile device/operating system and/or check the logs that the presence sensor isn't "arriving" while you are already at home.

okay, i'll screen shot everything once i get back home on the network.
Device is a Samsung Fold 3 running Android 14.
Hubitat C-8 Pro version 1.7.2 Build: 138

1 Like

I would set a rule to turn on when present, then turn off after 5 minutes or however long. Just change this from "Open/Close" sensor to "Arrival/Departure" and "Turn on when" = "Arrival".

(Provided to me by @velvetfoot ).