ThirdReality products available in EU, UK and AU

Their T&H sensors didn't make a great impression on me.

Besides the lack of a clock on the LCD display (if compared to the equally priced Tuya devices), do you have any other remarks?

The reporting periods and the thresholds should be configurable…

3RTHS24BZ

Update: I found my own comment here ..

Besides not being configurable and chatty they would drop off.
Other than that, they were fine. :slight_smile:

Are you willing to give it another try again?

Lol, sure, why not?

1 Like

Change the driver to Tuya Temperature Humidity Illuminance LCD Display with a Clock driver.

In the Preferences section, select:

• Debug logging- enabled
  • Advanced Options - enabled
  • Model Group - “Zigbee NON-Tuya”
  • temperature sensitivity 0.1 deg
  • humidity sensitivity- 1%
  • Minimum time between temp reports - 20 seconds
  • same for humidity
  • Maximum time between temperature reports -300 seconds (5 minutes)
  • same for humidity

Click on the Save Preferences button, while clicking on the sensor physical button at the same time.l to wake up the sleepy Zigbee device.

Observe the live debug logs - is there a confirmation for successful reporting configurations?

Will do.
But, is the device still reporting as it wishes with the driver controlling what is seen by the user?

We can understand that looking at the events registered in the Events tab.

• the device must send updates when the temperature changes more than 0.1 deg. Celsius.
  • the device must NOT send updates more frequently than 20 seconds between the reports.
  • the device MUST send temperature and humidity updates unconditionally every 5 minutes, even if there was no change in the temperature or the humidity.

As I recall, the device sent the temp as well as humidity updates with a very small change. Then, it couldn't make up its mind, and would go up and down, bracketing around a reading, reporting every time.

Have in mind, that configuring 0.1 degrees Celsius threshold may be outside of the device specs….
You can try with a higher threshold,
0.3 or 0.5 C first.

1 Like

IIRC, that's just a sensor-angle trick played by mounting it upside down (or vice versa). There's no software-based filtering smarts or special sensor filter or anything like that.

The upside-down angle trick may work OK in certain situations, but in general, I wouldn't consider them any more pet-friendly than any other PIR.

1 Like

I've replaced many of my sensors with TR. I absolutely love AAA battery sensors. Motion sensor is a bit of a let down in some use cases as it's field of view is a bit narrow. Just realized today I bought a TR vibration sensor but have no idea what to do with it. I've had some Aqara vib sensors but they were too unreliable so I pulled them and found other ways to automate everything instead of vibration.

Any thoughts or interesting ideas on vibration sensor uses?

Electric dryer monitoring. I have a ST multisensor on mine that reports active when the dryer is running and I have a rule to notify me when done.

I couldn't get that to work sensitivity wise and my dryer is not a fancy smooth dryer. I solved that by putting a temp/humidity sensor on the inside of the door. The temp portion of the sensor stopped working the first time but it still reports humidity after a year of use.

2 Likes

Yes

You can send me in a DM debug logs that include several hours of operation.

1 Like

Not to clutter this thread up too much, but....

Your driver really does have an impact on the amount of readings sent by the hub!

With everything set to the max, (times and temp/hum sensitivities), I'm getting (delayed) reports every 5 minutes, with the sensor showing actuals. (See snip, below)

A couple of questions:

1. I would've thought an extreme temperature or humidity change would've caused a reading, even with the maxed-out thresholds. Am I misunderstanding the logic?
  2. While admittedly I very rarely look at debug logs, is this device considered "chatty", as in being a drag on hub resources, especially when combined with other similar sensors?

Thanks.

Show us a screenshot of the Preferences section...
Are the settings as recommended here?

No.
I tried for maximum effect, to see if it did anything. And, it does.
All preferences are set to maximum; .1 deg C Temp and 1 % Hum is almost what the sensor screen reads.
Every 5 minutes is great,
I'll have to play around with it I guess to see how the temp and hum sensitivities work in conjunction with the times.

There are two timing parameters- minimum reporting interval and maximum reporting interval for both the temperature and the humidity. Most of the wrong settings are here…

What were the settings of these 4 (four) timings?