Thinking of using Sensative Window Sensors

What is unclear to me from this thread is if you actually EXCLUDED the Sensative strip?

If you did not, the radio in the Sensative strip is still "paired" to your controller. Look up the exclusion process for this device. Then put your Hubitat into exclusion mode and exclude it.

It should include after that. And it should work with either the generic driver or the specific Sensative driver. It is just a contact sensor ......

1 Like

I did run the exclusion process a couple of times. Also, exclusion if the ZWave Settings Maintenance area as well. 99.99% positive I have factory reset the contact as well.

When you did this, do the Hubitat logs show that a device was excluded (or that an unknown device was excluded)?

Unless you see that, the device hasn’t successfully excluded …..

And if it won’t exclude, it will never include from the same location.

So I'm in a little over my head. I went to Past Logs for yesterday (when I tried and to pair and then deleted and tried to repair under the correct device.). Here is the log:

It was device 57 and it appears to stop after 2:57pm and no record I see of "excluded" - although when you click on info your get this

If you don't select any "device" (click on Clear Filters), do you see a log entry that indicates "exclusion".

Or select "Hub" as it would show up as a "Hub" event.

1 Like

So I cleared the filters and the only log entries I see for "exclusion" are the "Start Exclusion" processes which I tried multiple times.

I also checked the Hub Events. Nothing is excluded but it does show Device 57 being added which is the device we are talking about.

Looks like the Sensative Strip was not excluded. It should have shown up .....

How far away is the strip from the hub? You may wish to try an exclusion where the strip is within 5-6 feet of the hub with no objects (like a wall) between the two.

And just in case this is the issue, for a successful exclusion, you have to turn on exclusion mode on the hub, and put the strip into exclusion mode.

Those strips are a real PITA to put into inclusion/exclusion mode.

Follow the instructions that came with them closely, and watch the device to see if it blinks in the pattern that (per the instructions) indicates it excluded successfully.

If you don’t see the right blink pattern, keep trying.

Oh, I agree. I definitely reset them. One, blink, move away, then the Second blink, then leave it at the end for long steady light. Did it quite a few times. I must have screwed it up by not proper;y excluding it the first time. I sent it back to Amazon. I ordered another one and have it here and tried to make sure it fit for the awning windows which it does. I paired it correctly as well. The funny thing about that is even though it's listed as a brand name in devices when you pair it it ends up a generic contact. Which I thought was wrong the first time.

Many brands will fit well with the generic driver’s functions and features, so that’s often fine for them to be recognized that way when paired.

The shape of the sensor is appealing, but I gave up on them because I found them hard to work with.

2 Likes