Things quiet down

New user to HE here, Recent convert from ST. Used RM way back in the days when Bruce was still at ST. Re-wrote everything in WebCore when RM wasn't updated any longer. Decided to not use WebCore with HE and stick with the built-in RM.

My issue is trying to recreate the "Things Quiet Down..." rule for my home. I know it should be pretty simple, but I just can't get it to work properly. In my latest iteration/attempt, my house switched into Night mode as soon as the motion stopped after 9:45PM. I'd like for this to rule to switch off numerous lights around my house (that may or may not be on) AFTER 9:45PM if motion has not been sensed for at least 15 minutes - meaning we're already upstairs in bed. Do I just need to add a delay on the mode change as well?
This is what I've got so far. Once I get the logic figured out with this, I should be able to get my other rules firing correctly.

Thanks fir any help/suggestions.

trigger motion changed
action
cancel delayed actions
if inactive then
if (time...)
off stuf
mode stuf
end if
end if

this way every inactive will cancel the timer

Thanks @mark.cockcroft
I'll make the changes & try it tonight. I knew it had to be pretty simple, but I just couldn't see it.

edit that see above.
other wise a active event wouldn't stop the timer

1 Like

...or set it up in a Simple Automation, and call Mode Manager to change Mode, then do the work in a Scene. I have the same requirement as you, and this has worked flawlessly since I set it up. I tried the complicated way and got my knickers in a right twist, so broke it down into simple steps...

1 Like

So make it like this?

should do, on some of my longer rules, i some time revers the logic, to exit the rule early so for your it would be
time between 1:15 and 9:45 then
exit rule

just so it dosnt work through stuff when not needed, but urs look ok to me

1 Like

also your mode to night needs to delayed by 15 and cancilable.
Reviewing you original the only issues might have been that mode night wasnt delayed and canable

YES

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.