Thermostat tile?

I'm looking to setup my thermostats in the Hubitat dashboard but I've come to find out there's no thermostat tile. Therefore I have a couple of questions..

1. Can anyone give an update on when the thermostat tile is expected to become available?
  2. For anyone who has implemented capability to adjust your thermostat using the dashboard, how did you do it? Did you use another dashboard app like sharp tools?
1 Like

Waiting for the "official" tile, I've put two virtual temporary switches that trigger two RM rules to increase and decrease heating by 0,5 degrees. If your thermostat handles cooling as well, than you need 4 switches.

1 Like

Interesting.. so you basically implemented buttons for increasing or lowering temperature. That's an idea. Then I'll have a 3rd tile to show me the temperature setpoint. I may give that a whirl.

Five tiles overall: room temperature, heating temperature, heating status, increase temperature, decrease temperature:

It's long awaited but Hubitat don't normally give out release timescales. I use Sharptools for my thermostat. I'm on a one man crusade to have a version of Sharptools adopted as the built-in local dashboard app! I love it as an interface.

This is where I got to with my heating dashboard page before Sharptools came along. It works but it's not elegant.

Someone recently started a similar thread, and I shared what I do there: Dashboard feature request - thermostat template

To summarize, I have a dimmer I can use to adjust the setpoint, but that's really because I want voice control like I had with SmartThings, and as such, I still use a virtual thermostat on SmartThings that "syncs" with these dimmers on Hubitat (or really virtual dimmers on ST corresponding to these, then ST logic takes care of syncing the virtual thermostat). That being said, a dimmer may be awkward to adjust on a dashboard since it ranges from 0-100 and will likely be hard to get to the exact value you want, which will span only a fraction of that range. (But if you want Alexa...)

I like the button/switch ideas if you just want an easy way to adjust it from a local dashboard, plus a tile that shows the current settings. If you don't mind cloud, I've also got a SharpTools.io dashboard (though I can never tell if it's changing by 0.5 or 1.0 degrees F and sometimes I have to try twice to get what I want, perhaps due to device-specific oddities with my thermostat, a Zen).

1 Like

The current thermostat tile design in SharpTools.io adjusts in 1 degree increments for °F and 0.5 degree increments for °C. Your thermostat allows/prefers 0.5 degree adjustments in °F?

The thermostat itself doesn't, but there's some oddity with either its ZigBee implemtation/reporting, the device itself, or maybe (though I doubt it because it did this on ST too) the Hubitat driver. Basically, if I set it to 55 °F, it usually comes back saying it's at 54.9 °F in the Hubitat UI. The actual device only lets me increment +/- 1 °F on the thermostat itself--the software just seems to have a funny way of reporting what happens.

Sometimes, like now, it's fine and adjustments in SharpTools.io work as expected. :slight_smile:

I'm guessing there's just something odd with this model of thermostat. Sometimes I'll have to try twice to set it how I want, but it usually does eventually work. It's a Zen Thermostat, the original/ZigBee edition (I see they have a Wi-Fi model now too).